Revolut vs EBS card to buy from Amazon.co.uk

TestLink

Which card is the best (cheapest) to buy items from Amazon.co.uk? Revolut or EBS card? Do both charge for outside EU purchases?

Thanks...

Ok, But would they charge for payment outside EU? Before my IBAN was moved to IRL, I could see charges for Amazon payments? Is that still the case
You just need to make sure that Amazon are charging you in the foreign currency. Don't allow them to do the currency conversion for you.

You just need to make sure that Amazon are charging you in the foreign currency. Don't allow them to do the currency conversion for you.

So if I pay at Amazon UK in Euro, I wont be paying any fees? Or is it, I get better exchange rate?

So if I pay at Amazon UK in Euro, I wont be paying any fees? Or is it, I get better exchange rate?
No. Do NOT pay in Euro. Amazon add a big fat margin to the exchange rate.

Use your Revolut card, pay in GBP. There are no fees, but at a weekend they add 0.5% fx margin.

You can change your default account settings on Anazon so that you are always billed in GBP.

I haven't found this to be the case. I use my Revolut card in Amazon UK and elect to be billed in £. When I check the EURO amount on my Revolut there's rarely more than a few cents difference in the EURO cost on Amazon versus the amount in my transaction history.

Has anyone considered Curve card? I've found it excellent, as you can link it directly to your credit card (or debit card if you wish).

It has competitive FX rates as does Revolut, it's main avantage I've found is not needing to top up. Security is good too in my experience, it has two factor authentication via the app or SMS. You can also pivot between using different accounts/cards using the app, if you want to.

I've no affiliation, just find it a good service.

I haven't found this to be the case. I use my Revolut card in Amazon UK and elect to be billed in £. When I check the EURO amount on my Revolut there's rarely more than a few cents difference in the EURO cost on Amazon versus the amount in my transaction history.
Red Onion is spot on, for a small value item, there won’t be much difference, but always pay in sterling, with Revolut,

note also, Revolut exchange rates are better mid week, they increase them over the weekend, to counter any after hours market movements, so better to buy Monday to Friday, as odd as that may sound.

Red Onion is spot on, for a small value item, there won’t be much difference, but always pay in sterling, with Revolut,

note also, Revolut exchange rates are better mid week, they increase them over the weekend, to counter any after hours market movements, so better to buy Monday to Friday, as odd as that may sound.
You can keep a sterling account on Revolut. Exchange during the week and use it at the weekend. The last few purchases on Amazon I haven't seen a huge difference between Amazon exchange rate and Revoluts. Previously they would have been bigger

I just checked it there with an item that costs £95.30. Amazon will charge €111.95, Revolut will charge €109.67. That's a difference of €2.30 which is about 2%. That's a pretty decent saving.

Back