Revoking and Reissuing a rent review

Jimmy99

Hi,
I agreed a rent review with my tenant via email more than 90 days ago and is due to take effect in December. I didn't take the opportunity to increase it to the maximum amount permitted (first increase in 5 years) as things were largely the same and the relationship is good but now with the various ECB increases we're in a different position from a financial point of view. Am I permitted to invalidate that review and create a new one, albeit with an additional 90 days?

J

Thanks for the replies, I did indeed use the template as suggested by the RTB. My feeling is that this document is/was our agreement and that I cannot change it but wanted to double check.

Thanks for the replies, I did indeed use the template as suggested by the RTB. My feeling is that this document is/was our agreement and that I cannot change it but wanted to double check.
Maybe ask the RTB?

Maybe ask the RTB?
Thank you,
I did that, and the crux of what I got back was:

"The RTB are an impartial body & as such I cannot confirm whether a rent has correctly been increased or not, this matter can only be determined by availing of the dispute resolution process with an independent adjudicator or mediator."

Thanks for the replies, I did indeed use the template as suggested by the RTB. My feeling is that this document is/was our agreement and that I cannot change it
I don't think you can revoke once it is issued properly, which it has been.

The new law around rent reviews is indeed peculiar. As a landlord you can leave it as long as you like unchanged. But if you don't increase it to the maximum permitted it is anchored at the revised rent for future increases.

So the next time you increase, make sure to increase to the max possible.

Back