Review of Educogym

wheeler

Has anyone tried out any of the Educogyms and if so then did it work for you? Would you recommend them?

I take it you don't know the background to these? Umm.. 20K+ for a course on the leaders island... No thanks.

The Sunday World has done some pretty interesting exposes on these recently. I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. I can be fit and happy for free thanks.

OK. I looked up this article in the Sunday World - but it wasn't really about the gym. I get the point about the man behind it.

But has anyone actually joined that could give a review on if their 6 / 12 week program works? And also the aftermath of such a program??

My brother in law did it.... the 'diet' bit was mad. Different colour vegtables on different days. Bread is a no-no. Limit fruit. He did lose weight but it was expensive and to be honest if he'd stuck to a reasonable diet and did a bit of excercise he would have lost weight a lot more cheaply! He doesn't think himself that the 'eating plan' is a long term thing although he is happy with the result (think he lost 1.5 stone)

OK. I looked up this article in the Sunday World - but it wasn't really about the gym. I get the point about the man behind it.

But has anyone actually joined that could give a review on if their 6 / 12 week program works? And also the aftermath of such a program??

A mate did it - she lost about a stone in 6 weeks. It's not sustainable though. TBH if she'd she'd cut out the junk food, cakes, sweets etc she would have lost a stone anyway. It's also very expensive & she was taking a huge amount of supplements. I was a bit worried about the supplemments, at best she was just wasting her money, at worst she was taking in huge quantities of vitamins that could be harmful (according to a mutual doctor friend).

She's put the stone back on plus one more.

How about considering a 'Low Carb' Diet. Works twice as well at a fraction of the cost. Maybe a visit to a Dietician. A practical way to lose weight in a healthy way. Healthy on the body and the pocket.

At lease they have only lost/gained weight, I know of a couple who have done the works, including selling the family business and putting the money into the educogym franchisee...

I visited one when it openend in my complex, when I got told a "gym" had openend.
I went for a tour and when I asked where the cardio equipment was I was told there is no need for it..

That was the last piece of informaiton I needed to hear..

What the educogym teach you isn't practical long term.

The only way to shift excess weight and to keep it off is by making a lifestyle change. So just slowly improve your diet and slowly get more active and with a bit of patience you'll get healthier.

Back