Reversed into someone's car but I do not want to go through my insurance - advice needed.

Jodev61

I reversed into someone's car, she said I damaged her steering rack. I bumped into her in my drive. She took it to a mechanic who replaced the rods. But she has done nothing to get it fixed I offered to get it towed but she said no. She says she's not using the car but I do not believe her. Can I demand a list of damage of her car from a mechanic. I only have her word it's the steering rack that's broken.

I am not going through my insurance as it's high. enough as is. What can I do to get her to take it to the garage I want confirmation of whats wrong with the car I want it over with.i have offer to have her car to a garage of her choice. It happen over 2. Mths ago. It happened in my drive I wasn't going fast her car was in her sister's drive.

Last edited:
You damaged her property, she is entitled to compensation for that. She is also under no obligation to actually have the bodywork repaired (I'm assuming that's what you mean by having done nothing to get it fixed.)

Either you agree between you a method of arriving at an agreement on the extent of the damage and the repair cost, or you let the insurers deal with it.

Back