Revenue non responsive

So Revenue responded to today's query saying they have now processed my return and an updated SOL will issue shortly.

Good to know AAM is the appropriate escalation channel ...

Well lo and behold I have a reply! Plus a bit of an apology :) happy days!

'I refer to your recent query and letter of 9th January.
Apologies for the delay in replying.

I have issued a letter by post with details of your pay for the years 2006,2007 and 2008 as requested.'

I like living on the edge.
With your level of posts on askaboutmoney you are obviously financially astute. It would be to your advantage to register for ROS. Filling in the form 11 online would not be difficult for you. I have learned a lot about the workings of the tax system from my years of ROS usage. It can be very educational. Also it seems to operate more efficiently than myaccount.

You need to be careul that you're not caught out regardless of whether you have the receipt or not when asked for it. You cannot deem a pension lump sum to be for the prior year if you haven't even made the payment yet. Revenue are very specific about this. See Paragraph 3.4 of the Pensions Manual

If a contribution is paid after the end of the year, but before 31 October of the following year, relief may be claimed for the previous year provided an election to do so is made by the individual on or before 31 October of the following year. As the payment of a qualifying contribution is a pre-condition to the availability of relief, an election cannot be made in advance of such a payment.

Back