Restaurants with special offers

I'm just glad that the grabit.ie guide didn't include O'Connells Restaurant in Bewleys Hotel Ballsbridge! They're always banging on about how they give value for money.

In December you could get an evening menu for E25.00 and now, just a couple of months later, you only get 2 courses for E25 and have to pay 4.50 for dessert and 2.50 for a cup of mundane coffee!

That's almost a 36% increase - hands up everyone who got 36% pay increase in January 2005?

Not only has the price increased, but the service and food have deteriorated as well. What a rip-off!

Working in close proximity to Dublin 1/2 these days I have to say that there's some very good value for money in terms of lunch/eary bird specials even in places that are not exactly cheap for evening dinners.

Still find it hard to beat the Eur 9.95 three course special (starter, pasta/pizza - all organic and house made, dessert and tea/coffee) in Romano's, Capel Street from 12:30-15:00 Monday to Saturday. Mexico To Rome across the Liffey in Parliament Street does a lunch special of starter, pizza/pasta and glass of wine for Eur 8.50 but I haven't tried it yet. Rajha Govinda's (?), the Hare Krishna vegetarian restaurant in Middle Abbey Street has some good value lunch/dinner specials too. The Winding Stair bookshop/cafe on Lower Ormond Quay near the Hapenny Bridge also has some good value offers and is still one of my favourite haunts in Dublin for idling over a cup of coffee in the afternoon. :)

There is great value restaurants in temple bar for lunch and early bird menus as mentioned mexico to rome is very reasonable and nicely presented still and the staff are really nice. also thunder road do a great value lunch and their starter is like a main meal

Chinese

Good World, George's St.
Noble House, Dame St.
Friendly House, Abbey St.

I recommend the Ezyliving voucher book. Cost is €25/€35 and vouchers are valid from May to May. Lots's of excellent restaurants (mostly Dublin, but a good few in Kildare), will be getting the May 2005 edition. Check out [broken link removed]

P.S. I am in no way connected with Ezyliving.

Back