Replacing a Pay Monthly Phone

redchariot

I upgraded to a Nokia 5800 on Vodafone Pay Monthly back about 3 months ago and I have pretty much come to hate it; the touchscreen novelty wore off and it is just not for me!!! I just want to go back to a simple normal phone without all the "bells & whistles".

I have checked and it would be probably another 9 months before I am eligible for another upgrade. I am thinking that I could just buy a Pre-Pay phone for about €40-50 and put my Pay Monthly SIM into it. Would I have any issues with the phone being locked as it is Pre-Pay; I am thinking that it should be ok as it would be the same network

Can anybody help me before I go out and fork out for a phone that won't work

What about just "down-grading" your old phone?

My previous phone was giving trouble and that is pretty much why I went for the upgrade in the first place. It was a good phone, had it for three years and can't be bought anymore.

Is pay as you go better than monthly bill ?

Pay as you go has the advantage of allowing you cap what you spend, i.e. you can only spend what you put onto it. However if you're looking to compare the cost of pay as you go against pay monthly it really boils down to your usage pattern. Have a look at this site:

[broken link removed]

It lets you enter your usage and recommends what deal is best for you

Back