Replace gas boiler

!RAY

I have my gas boiler now 20 year so I have done very well. As I could break down I need to look at replacing . As I am in a 3 bed I need a 18kw system boiler. My head is melted researching I do want a stainless heat exchanger. Has anyone replaced if so how did it go.
Even thought my house is 20 years old q guy I had out said I would not qualify for the grant

There's no longer is a boiler grant. There is a €700 Heating control upgrade grant. An 18kW condenser boiler will probably cost between €2k and €2.5k depending on brand and excluding fancy heating controls (which the grant would cover). A BER and a bit of form filling should secure the grant but you have to put the controls in. https://www.localheroes.ie/ should give you and idea of what you need and what it could cost.

I got an 18kW Worcester Bosch before Christmas. I didn't bother with heating controls or grant.

There's no longer is a boiler grant. There is a €700 Heating control upgrade grant. An 18kW condenser boiler will probably cost between €2k and €2.5k depending on brand and excluding fancy heating controls (which the grant would cover). A BER and a bit of form filling should secure the grant but you have to put the controls in. https://www.localheroes.ie/ should give you and idea of what you need and what it could cost.

I got an 18kW Worcester Bosch before Christmas. I didn't bother with heating controls or grant.
Thanks for the detailed information.

I got an 18kW Ideal boiler and magnetic filter installed back in November for €2,150. They and Bosch use aluminium heat exchangers though, so expect to pay more for the likes of Viessmann or Vaillant.

I got an 18kW Ideal boiler and magnetic filter installed back in November for €2,150. They and Bosch use aluminium heat exchangers though, so expect to pay more for the likes of Viessmann or Vaillant.
Thanks, what gets me is the difference information you get from companies.
I want to get the attic floor insulated had 3 difference companies out all contradict each other.
Cheers

I want to get the attic floor insulated had 3 difference companies out all contradict each other.

Yeah, it can be tricky unless you know enough yourself to spot to lies or exaggerations. Most companies will push the benefits of options they supply while ignoring the downsides. Finding a company that's honest enough to say you'd be better off looking elsewhere is sadly rare.

We changed our gas boiler recently and installed Worcester Bosch. Whichever make you decide to go with, I would advise getting different quotes. We found a considerable variation between them.

Back