Renewing Health Insurance Policies (3 different age groups)

margaret1

We are renewing our Health Insurance Policies on April 1st, it has been 3 yrs since we reviewed our policies and wondering if we could received some advice please.
Currently I am on VHI PMI 26 12 €1337 (adult) and happy with the policy, however I have no problem changing to another company either. Our 2 kids are on Nurses Plan Select €160.91( child) however the oldest turned 18 so the premium increased to €432(young adult rate) I would like to have our young adult on a higher day to day plan and ok if the hospital excess has to increase. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

margaret1,

The following VHI plan is worth considering for yourself and the 18 year old;

VHI Company plan plus level 1.3; Price 1128pa per adult; Price; 382pa for 18 yr old; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover. There is extra hi-tech hospital cover on this plan compared to your current plan.

[broken link removed]

Child Option
VHI Parents and Kids Excess Plan, price 153 per child, is a better option for your other child. Lower excess in private/hi-tech hospitals and
extra hi-tech hospital cover. Slightly lower premium.
[broken link removed]

You have 14 days after renewal date to make changes if you wish.

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you very much Snowyb. I contacted VHI and have changed the 3 different age groups to the different plans as recommended.

Overall the new plans definitely offer a higher level of cover and we have also saved on the total net premiums.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise on this forum, it is very much appreciated.

Back