Health Insurance Renewal January 2024 - Alternatives to Laya Connect Simplicity?

mdpmdp1

There is now a 20% co-payment required for Orthopedic Procedures with Laya Connect Simplicity.
Are there any plans out there (similar in price) where Orthopedic Procedures are fully covered?

There are some other suggestions towards end of this thread such as Control 300 Create, Simply Connect (and its Plus variants)

We currently have Laya Simplicity cover, but this has jumped significantly in price.
Any thoughts on suitable/similar alternative

Hi Brunette,

Welcome to AAM.

If you have a read through the previous AAM thread linked to by odyssey06 above it may give you some advice. Keep an ear out for podcasts or Google them for Dermot Goode from totalhealthcover.ie. Lots of renewals are coming up shortly so he does quite a number of them at this time of year.

Do some comparisons on the HIA website also.

Have been trying to find an alternative plan to Laya Connect Simplicity myself and the best I can see are Control 300 Create (NO 20% co-payment required for Orthopedic Procedures) but day to day expenses aren't quite as good . Simply Connect is probably the best option which also has no 20% copayment but you do have to give up a private bed in a private hospital. Anyway you probably wouldn't get a private bed !

Have been trying to find an alternative plan to Laya Connect Simplicity myself and the best I can see are Control 300 Create (NO 20% co-payment required for Orthopedic Procedures) but day to day expenses aren't quite as good . Simply Connect is probably the best option which also has no 20% copayment but you do have to give up a private bed in a private hospital. Anyway you probably wouldn't get a private bed !

Every time that I hear Dermot Goode [https://www.totalhealthcover.ie/about_us] on the radio, LAYA Simply Connect gets a positive mention.

He was on Pat Kenny lately and Newstalk Andrea Gilligan few days ago, if you google you'll probably get podcasts. I listened to both and was on Simply Connect anyway and stayed with it.

@Monbretia

Hi Monbretia,

As the same queries regarding health insurance are cropping up, time and time again, at the moment on AAM, I've started a Key Post here with the podcasts by Dermot Goode so that people won't lose out. I looked on Google for the Andrea Gilligan one but cannot find it. Do you by any chance have a link or any further info on it?

Feel free to update that post if you come across anymore or let me know and I can add the links if you like.

Thanks,

S.E.

No I don't have a link and I actually looked for it myself to send to a friend and couldn't find it either, show doesn't seem to be on listen back option, I was listening live to it and made notes which I actually threw away yesterday as I had decided and renewed.

Laya Inspire Plus was mentioned by D Goode. Have been on Simply Connect for past 4 years. Switching now to the former. Cheaper and better Day to Day cover limits.

Laya Inspire Plus was mentioned by D Goode. Have been on Simply Connect for past 4 years. Switching now to the former. Cheaper and better Day to Day cover limits.
I looked at that one too but it has the shortfall on ortho procedures, I feel I may have a dodgy hip so want to have it looked at this year :rolleyes:

This chart was from Mail on Sunday few weeks ago, again threw away rest of article yday but took pic of this to send to friend. Might be useful, if not delete! Health Guide 2 & 3 were mentioned in his interview on Newstalk as I remember looking at them too.

Attachments

• health insurance x.jpg
    health insurance x.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 257
HI,
Is Connect Simplicity and Simply Connect (laya) the same thing? We (family) are currently on Irish Life '4D Health 3' ; it is about to go up in price again (3rd time in a year) and is now €154.12 per month per adult. Am thinking of changing to Laya, better cover for Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private.
My Irish Life plan only covers 50% of In-patient cost in hi-tech hospitals.
Any other recommendations for 2 adults + 2 kids under 15?.
tia

HI,
Is Connect Simplicity and Simply Connect (laya) the same thing? We (family) are currently on Irish Life '4D Health 3' ; it is about to go up in price again (3rd time in a year) and is now €154.12 per month per adult. Am thinking of changing to Laya, better cover for Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private.
My Irish Life plan only covers 50% of In-patient cost in hi-tech hospitals.
Any other recommendations for 2 adults + 2 kids under 15?.
tia
They are different plans, you can see side by side comparison here, assuming this link works from HIA.ie site

thanks for that - its very helpful. think the cover on either of them is better than my current Irish Life (which is also dearer).
Could I ask - my GP is referring me for a hospital based scan - If I switch plans before I get a date for the scan will I be covered under the new plan?
tia

thanks for that - its very helpful. think the cover on either of them is better than my current Irish Life (which is also dearer).
Could I ask - my GP is referring me for a hospital based scan - If I switch plans before I get a date for the scan will I be covered under the new plan?
tia
I'm not sure exactly re: dates but you could hit a different issue with having to serve waiting period for upgraded cover.

I think it would be worth giving LAYA sales team a call.

Last edited:
Back