Health Insurance Renewal advice

Jenger48

Hi we are a family of 5 .. 2 adults 3 kids... youngest with sp needs.. adults and oldest 2 kids are currently on Vhi 40 15 (changed from Vhi 36 13 12 months ago but kept our youngest on Vhi 36 13 for the extra cover)
Want to retain semi private cover in cork private hospitals at the very least... happy enough with what current plans provide but would appreciate if there are better plans out there for the same or cheaper cover and as there are no existing med conditions am I correct in saying waiting times are not a worry if I change provider.

Snowy I've seen how helpful u are to previous queries so if u are free I'd love ur input.
Thank you

Jenger48,

Good savings achievable for the 2 older children, half price offer with VHI as follows;
One Plan Family; price 152 per child; All public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, Excess 125 per admission or day case only for private or hi-tech hospitals. No excess applies to any public hospitals.
[broken link removed]

Alternative option for third child with special needs, with VHI as follows;
VHI PMI 35 13; price 315pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 100 per private/hi-tech hospital admission or day case.
Good day to day cover as before.
[broken link removed]

Àlternative options for 2 adults as follows or stay with VHI PMI 40 15;

1. Laya Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa; all public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered. Max excess 100 x 2 per year for admissions or day case
in private/hi-tech hospitals. This plan also has full cover for a private room in all private hospitals. Good day to day cover - the first 100 not allowed.

2. Irish Life Select More; price 950pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. 150 excess per private/hi-tech admission or 75 per day case visit.

[broken link removed]

Hope this helps.

Snowyb

I forgot to mention, children can be insured with VHI without an adult being insured with them. An adult is named on the policy but just the
children are insured. So, the adults can be insured with another provider if it suits, to make savings etc.

Snowyb

Back