Register365.ie

JMR

I need to get an eCommerce website setup and have approached some companies in the field.
From the couple of prices I have received so far it looks like the ball park price would be €2000 - €2500.
This would provide me with a website that I would own outright and includes hosting for the first year.

Last night I came across www.register365.ie
They offer a self build type service where you use their templates etc and configure your site by following a series of instructions.
Their 'Professional Package' which seems to include all the features a startup would require costs €249 per annum.

Anybody got any experience of using their services, or any other recommendations?

They host my domain, with no problems to date.

Had an issue with transferring two names to them from GoDaddy recently.

I have been up to my eyes with a lot of other things and have to address it this week.

Hosting & Web Design are two very different beasts.

You need to compare the portfolio offerings of the companies who have quoted you with the type of site you could output from register365.
Is there an appreciable difference in usability / look & feel / customisation options ?
How will it handle backup/recovery ?
If you go with register365 deisign offering, are you stuck with them forever or can you move hosting providers ?
Is it fully customisable for SEO ?

Most importantly will you be able to build a website that will hold peoples attention and draw them into making a purchase on your site rather than bouncing out to the next one on the google search list ?

With option 1 you will be involved in site design and be able to specify exactly what you want. You will also own the site and will be able to move it as required.

Now weigh up the costs - is €249 per annum a fair price or is €2000 + annual hosting (prob no more than €35 per annum) ?

I concur with nai's comments about the design of the website.
If you intend using it to attract orders its mission critical.
If its mission critical you need to invest in it.

Website optimization is an art in itself.
AAM is one model of how to do it.
Variation in high level content.

Back