Register for ROS

thecat777

HI, I am PAYEE employee and I submit my tax returns through MyAccount. But from next year I will have some non payee income that I need to declare, so I need to register for self assessment and submit form 11. As per my research in order to do this electronically I need to register for ROS. I tried but I am not able to do this with my PPS number and I am not self employed. Any advice please? Many thanks. Also, can I cover my tax liability with the future tax credits?

You cannot register in advance, eg you can't register for 2022 now. You either register from today or you register on 01-Jan-2022

Other than that there should be no reason why you can't register

the reason I can't register is that it does not accept my PPS number as valid number, not the date. It requires that I am registered for Income tax, VAT or anything else, e.g. it requires that I am self employed which I am not

HI, I am PAYEE employee and I submit my tax returns through MyAccount. But from next year I will have some non payee income that I need to declare, so I need to register for self assessment and submit form 11. As per my research in order to do this electronically I need to register for ROS. I tried but I am not able to do this with my PPS number and I am not self employed. Any advice please? Many thanks. Also, can I cover my tax liability with the future tax credits?

Are you sure that you can't just return the income under Form 12?

Looking at this paper Form 12 from 2020: https://www.revenue.ie/en/self-assessment-and-self-employment/documents/form12.pdf

there appear to be a few sections where you could return non-PAYE income [e.g. 12 and 19]

I am not sure what is the difference between form 11 and form 12, I need to declare rental income of over 5k, my understanding is I need to submit form 11

That's my understanding too.
But the first time that I returned non-PAYE income over €5k it was on a Form 12 and the following year Revenue switched me over to Form 11.

That's my understanding too.
But the first time that I returned non-PAYE income over €5k it was on a Form 12 and the following year Revenue switched me over to Form 11.
ok, this makes sense, I think I can declare the rental income through MyAccount too and once they see it was over 5 k, probably they will switch me too to form 11. When you say they switched you to form 11, how did they do that, did you get to register for ROS so that you can fill the form electronically?

You can register for income tax on MyAccount, Revenue will then send you a confirmation code by text or email, you can then register for ROS.

ok, this makes sense, I think I can declare the rental income through MyAccount too and once they see it was over 5 k, probably they will switch me too to form 11. When you say they switched you to form 11, how did they do that, did you get to register for ROS so that you can fill the form electronically?

From memory, when I tried to log in to "My Account" (which was then called PAYE Anytime) the system told me that I needed to register for ROS (which was then called ROS!).

Back