Refusal of entry to a well known niteclub in Dublin

Remind the bouncer "there's a recession on" and "I pay your wages". That should see you right ;-)

Seriously though, you are just going to wind yourself up OP. Forget the numbskull and go to a better watering hole where they want your business.

forget the legalities - as already advised call to the premises to discuss with management / owner by appointment at daytime.

forget the legalities - as already advised call to the premises to discuss with management / owner by appointment at daytime.
The downside (or possibly upside depending on your POV) of this approach is that once you've seen the inside of the club in the cold sober light of day, and you've realised that it really is a stinking kip with skanky carpeting and threadbare seating, you wont want to go back, regardless of what the bouncers say.

How many bouncers does it take to throw a man down the stairs??

None...... He fell! :cool:

Complain, by letter, to the owner of the establishment.
Be articulate, be polite, do not make threats, point out the issue and explain that you feel it must be a misunderstanding.

A number of years back myself and some friends were harrassed on the way in by bouncers pulling the 'regulars only' trick in a well known pub in Phibsboro, we were in fact regulars, the bouncers were new. They were rude, undignified, and basically treated us like children before deigning to allow us in.

I wrote and complained to the owner, not only did I receive a letter of apology and a 50 quid voucher for use in the establishment but he photocopied my letter and gave it to the security firm he used so that (in his words) 'the apes they employ can see themselves as others see them' and he also said that he would be using my letter of complaint as ammo in an upcoming meeting to tender for the security contract.

Complaint letters to the right people work. Particularly if you are polite and articulate.

I think one of the worst ways to end a night is for a group of people to go to a club in town and for 1 person to be refused by a bouncer for no good reason.

I know of some bouncers and in my opinion most of them are scumbags.

As soon as they have their monkeys suits on they become power mad.

One of my best friends was having his stag night, there was 22 of us together (not causing trouble at all), most of us got in.
We didn't have to pay as it was prepaid, my mate was stopped at the door and the bouncer on the door just plain refused to let him in.

No reason just didn't like the look of him.

Ruined the whole night.

Back