redundancy exgratia and statutory

U

Updown

Complicated one..
I am currently on maternity leave and while out things have changed in my employers. Its highly likely that when I return I will be served notice of redundancy. My colleague ( exact same position, grade etc, slightly less service ) advised me of the conditions with which she was served. 2 mths paid which includes statutory.
My query is two fold, approx 3 years ago they used to pay 6 weeks per year of service, then they ceased this habit. Is that equitable ?
Secondly and more relevant to me currently, I have calcluated my statuatory entitlement and it is approx 250euro less than 2 mths salary. this is only the case as I have a decent amount of service, so my question is why should I be penalised for service, if someone with less service ( and in some cases consdierably less) is being offered the same 2 mths salary why should I be penalised for more service ? none of that seems equitable to me. If my statutaory was slightly more than 2 mths pay ( which HR say is impossible but is most certainly not impossible), then it would be illegal for them to offer me just 2 mths pay as that would be less than my statuatory entitlement.
I know 2mths is poor, but 2 mths salary plus my redundancy would at least be something and I don't want to be treated unfairly and this does not seem equitable accross the board.
I need to be in a position to have my reply ready.... any help appreciated

Back