Red line on lcd screen

tara83

Hi,

While watching tv last night a bright red vertical line appeared on the screeen of my 32"lcd. I tried turning it off, messing with the remote etc but I think it might be that the screen has failed. It is a bright red - similar to a laser beam.

Does anyone know what it could be and also can be fixed. The Tv is still under warranty.

Thanks,

Happened me recently, tv was only 4 months old when it happened, it was an LG tv. Contacted the retailer, they told me to contact LG, LG told me to contact their agent in Ireland, thus ensued 6 weeks of faffing about and LG not coming back to me, eventually ending with the tv being collected for repair and 2 weeks later no one could tell me when it would actually be repaired. I ended up in the retailers store (you cant phone them of course!!), and complained long, loud, threatened them with the joe duffy show, the small claims court etc...
Next day i was given a brand new tv - in a brand of my choice - i did not choose LG again. I googled the problem and its a pretty common fault in the type of tv I had. My biggest issue was the sheer lack of info coming from LG, no one could tell me when it would be repaired, if it would be repaired, what the delay was etc......

I hope I don't have the same trouble. I presumei t was a fault and would go back to the manufacturer. Just wondering if it is likely to happen again and what caused it

Its a fault in the screen, google it, it requires the whole screen to be replaced. In my case the manufacturer did not have a plant in Ireland which required a new screen to be sent from the UK, and this proved impossible for the manufacturer to co-ordinate with their agents in Ireland.
If your one is a brand that is manufacturered in Ireland you may be luckier than I was.
Your first step is to report the fault to the retailer. They will tell you what to do from there.

Truthseeker; name a brand of LCD that's manufactured in Ireland...

apologies - this has been pointed out in another thread, i was directly quoting a salesperson in powercity - but actually i think what was meant was a brand with repair centres in ireland (like sony) - as otherwise you may be waiting for parts to be shipped.

Back