Recovering investment and money due, in UK

K

Kerryabu

I am seeking legal advice or help with recovering investment and money due, in UK
I helped to set up a business in UK with two others (residents of UK) whom I trusted almost 3 years ago. I invested some money, travelled over to train them, gave ongoing advice, organised a stand at a Trade Show in London. I sent equipment, etc for the stand from Ireland and travelled over to manage the stand for the week.
I allowed them use my website and put the UK address on it.
I introduced them to my suppliers and organised to import equipment for them to UK.
When they saw the potential of the business, they registered the name that I used with "europe" added to it, got a website with this name and cut me out completely.
I wrote to them, threatened them with taking legal action, but they refused to compensate me.
I have now heard that they have sold the business.
I had no legal agreement in place, as we agreed to give it a period of time until it started to take off, and then we would form a company together.
I have numerous of emails over an extended period, from when we first met, and ongoing for a year or so. These track all the stages of our relationship, before they set up on their own, to afterwards, with their refusal to repay me or compensate me.
I do not know what my legal position is.
As I live in Dublin, I checked about getting a solicitor in UK, but i would have to fund the case on an ongoing basis, and I could not afford it
Is there any course of action that I could take, whereby I would pay a percentage of any compensation to a legal firm for taking on the case?
I would appreciate any advice, as I am now in my mid 60s and this money would help my present circumstances.
Contact details removed by Moderators.

Back