Record from TV - not Satellite or Digital

techman

Is it possible to record from the TV to a DVD Recorder or HDD, when you don't have satellite or cable? I just use aerials to receive RTE 1, RTE 2, TV3 etc.

I have googled a few things but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Anyone any suggestions?

Of course it is - if you want to use your P.C. you will need a tv tuner card.

I don't want to use a PC. Is there recorder/hdd device that I can connect to the TV?

A video recorder or dvd recorder or dvd/hdd recorder. Having the hdd is very handy as you dont have to worry about using dvd's -all the stuff goes inside your machine on the harddrive.

You would need a DVD/HDD recorder with a tuner or else does your TV have an output socket which could be connected to a DVD/HDD recorder ?

Hey,How about recording sound from a tv/dvd.....Can you hook up an mp3player to the tv and record it on to that?C'est possible:confused:

For a DVD you would be better off ripping the audio stream(s) from the disk (if legal to do so). Try www.videohelp.com. Some MP3 players will record from an input source but often to large WAV files only although they could presumably be processed/compressed later?

I have one of these little hard drive based recorders. Just hooks up to your TV like a VCR, can be conected to a PC via USB or LAN, looks like thay've added WiFi since I purchased.
Leo

Back