Recommend a easy to (keep) clean toaster

elcato

I regularly get crumbs all over the place when I use a toaster so wondering is there anyone out there who knows a good one which can be cleaned very easily and not have crumbs stuck in the shell for days which attract the vermin.

Is this a toaster for making toast or the ones for sandwiches?

And sorry for this rather obvious question, why do you have vermin in your kitchen?

It's a toaster for making toast and I don't have vermin as yet but having toasted crumbs would attract them.

I'll probably be considered filthy but I hardly ever clean out the toaster, I tip it upside down into the bin every now and then but there are vintage toasted crumbs in the bottom at this stage. It's in the utility room so I never really think of it other than when using it, in all the 20+ yrs it's been there I have never had a rodent, unless they can get in it's not going to attract them. The utility room is actually the most likely room for me to get them in if I was going to as the gas boiler is in there too so pipes up through ceiling and to the outside too but zero rodents, I promise I'll clean it today :)

You're in good company @Monbretia! I turned mine upside down into the sink on Sunday for the first time in about 8 months. Dont see why its an issue once the crumbs are contained in the toaster itself.........

Back