Re-building cost/Home insurance.

SlurrySlump

I am trying to find out what the rebuilding costs are for a detached property in the Dublin area of 2500 sq.ft. Standard construction.?

Unfortunately Cocovich, unless I am reading it wrong the quotes only go to a 4 bed detached of circa 1500 sq ft.

The SCS will only talk averages but it is still a handy guide. The only real secure way that I would be aware of is to talk to a builder or surveyor directly. I know a builder who recently built a large house similar size in Clontarf I'll pm you his details, maybe he could assist you.

Thanks for all the info. One question though. Why does it cost more to build a house in Dublin than elsewhere. Are building blocks, wood, tiles etc the same price outside of Dublin and if not why not?

I'd imagine labour in Dublin is more expensive for starters.

Just to point out as well that it would appear that both the Eagle Star and RSA calculators are based on whatever is available from the SCS website.

just to point out also that if you are getting a mortgage on the house then obtain the reinstatement cost as determined by the valuation performed by the bank and not the scs.ie site - in my case the bank valuation was 20k higher and i needed to use their reinstatement estimate on the buildings insurance required.

just to point out also that if you are getting a mortgage on the house then obtain the reinstatement cost as determined by the valuation performed by the bank and not the scs.ie site - in my case the bank valuation was 20k higher and i needed to use their reinstatement estimate on the buildings insurance required.

Indeed-same thing happened to us.

Back