'Rate 1' on BoI Visa statement

cambazola

I've just checked my BoI Visa balance online, and the 2 most recent transactions (from yesterday) are listed not just with the amount charged but also 'Rate 1.000'. Anyone know what this means? Is it a way of distinguishing between cash advances and purchases or something?

The account is paid off in full each month, and the transactions before yesterday's just show the amount charged as normal.

Sometimes you see a rate if the transaction involved foreign currency exchange. Obviously the rate would be 1 in Eurozone. Maybe those transactions are incorrectly flagged as foreign, or BoI are now showing "conversion rate" for all transactions.

These were just regular purchases in Ireland (in Euros), so yes - maybe it is a conversion rate. I've never used the card outside the Eurozone so I've nothing to compare it to on that score. I just automatically assumed it was something to do with the interest charging process.

i had them too. Either way, 42 euro at 1.00000 euros conversion is 42 euro so i didn't care.

What drives me nuts about BOI Visa online, is that when you look at previous bloody statements there is no 'Pay Bill by this Date' on it. So you can look at it online but you don't know when you have to pay it before....i assume its deliberate to try and have you pay late to allow them to charge you interest..

Back