Rabo Investment Fund

Boscod

Having turned 50 I am now looking to consolidate a higher proportion of my assets into a bonds based investment product. At this stage I have a low risk threshold, however I am looking for a higher return from what is available leaving cash on deposit.

The fund I'm considering is the Templeton Global Total Return A Acc EUR

Would anyone have views on my approach or on this fund in particular.

Rgds,

Not being familiar with the fund identified, but on having a quick read, I notice that the charges for the first year of investment would be in the region of 4.38% (3% Initial Charge plus the TER of 1.38%) There are more than likely other charges applicable to the fund such as the B12-B-1 fee which is normally charged for fund advertising etc. Unable to see the charges for exiting the fund.

Have you considered looking at any ETFs in the same category, which do not have Initial charges and much lower expenses. All these charges mount up to a significant slice off the top line in all investment funds rather than ETFs.

Your about 15 or 16 years away from retirement, so I would not go too heavy into bonds at this stage.....

Jim.

Bonds seem to be an overly cautious bet given your age. But of course it's a personal decision. Permenant TSB did a guide to savings and investments last yr that I found useful (I'm sure there are other similar guides out there). This is the link [broken link removed] I found it useful in terms of looking at a strategy in the long term.

Back