Quote for Redesign of Garden to make it pet and family friendly

WGT

Hi,

Just got a quote to redesign a garden (25ft X 25ft) approx.

New design will be 5ft X 23 ft Dog run. Rest will be Indian Sandstone.

Quote was €9,500.

Does that sound reasonable?

Josie

Hi Josie,

Sorry I can't comment on your quote but would wonder about the safety of your dog when left in a dog run. Have regularly seen where dogs have been stolen from dog runs when owners are out. Dog theft is rampant all over the country even though the Pounds are bursting at the seams. Rescues also recommend that dogs be kept indoors especially in winter time.

Reactions: WGT
Hi Josie,

Sorry I can't comment on your quote but would wonder about the safety of your dog when left in a dog run. Have regularly seen where dogs have been stolen from dog runs when owners are out. Dog theft is rampant all over the country even though the Pounds are bursting at the seams. Rescues also recommend that dogs be kept indoors especially in winter time.
Thanks Sue Ellen.
Yes we keep the Dog inside most of the time. Main reason for the Dog run is that dog is very energetic, (an english pointer), so we feel it would be good for it to stretch it's legs, in addition to regular walks of course.
We have the dog 6 months and let's just say the garden isn't what it used to be, so looking to redesign it to make it both pet and family friendly.

Josie.

That's great Josie, hate to hear of the poor things being kept in runs all the time and unfortunately it does happen a lot :( Just like us they do like their comfort :)

Young dogs are prone to digging alright so it can be hard to maintain a nice garden but hopefully you will get there with the redesign.

That's great Josie, hate to hear of the poor things being kept in runs all the time and unfortunately it does happen a lot :( Just like us they do like their comfort :)

Young dogs are prone to digging alright so it can be hard to maintain a nice garden but hopefully you will get there with the redesign.
Thanks Sue Ellen.
This dog certainly likes digging, we can almost touch Australia :)
We're going to go for Paving and give it a softer space (artificial grass) to run around.
Believe me this dog is not being mistreated :), in fact it sometimes clicks it's fingers for attention :)
I would never have believed how much a garden could be destroyed in 6 months.
The course of true love never ran smooth :)
We'll get there

Impossible to say without a lot more detail on the works to be carried out.

Thanks Leo,
First off existing garden is (50sqm) approx it total.
Existing shed (9ft X 9ft) will be kept.
Dog run will be 5ft X 23 ft Dog run artificial grass.
Rest ( will be Indian Sandstone - 50 sqm if not less)
Labour will be to remove existing grass and 1 small tree and a few small bushes.
Do base foundation and pave with Indian Sandstone.
They said they will be done in 4 days.

Quote was €9,500.

Does that sound reasonable?

Nine and a half grand for conversion of your garden to a dog run seems excessive to me especially when you take the size of the garden into consideration. Your dog is young and active. Later he will be more timid and less active. The only advice I can give (we have two dogs) is clean up after the dogs a couple of times a day. You'll need a separate bin for the dog poo and some sand for faster breakdown. I think you don't need much else. Total Cost:- 0.75c

My concerns would be loud barking while you are not around and safety of somebody delivering oil etc to your rear garden.

Nine and a half grand for conversion of your garden to a dog run seems excessive to me especially when you take the size of the garden into consideration. Your dog is young and active. Later he will be more timid and less active. The only advice I can give (we have two dogs) is clean up after the dogs a couple of times a day. You'll need a separate bin for the dog poo and some sand for faster breakdown. I think you don't need much else. Total Cost:- 0.75c

My concerns would be loud barking while you are not around and safety of somebody delivering oil etc to your rear garden.
Thanks for your thoughts Leper.
Just to be clear, the dog run will be to the left side of the redesigned garden (5ft X 20 ft). The rest will be a full paving.
We also like in a housing estate in Dublin and we don't have oil delivered.
In terms of dog poo and digging, the back garden has got destroyed in the last 6 months since we adopted it.
Hence the need for redesigning to find somethings that works for the dog and the family.

Back