Queues at Dublin airport?

Hamilton

What are the queues like at the airport lately.My flight is at 4pm and we are flying with Ryanair.

It was utter chaos in Dublin Airport yesterday (Sunday) morning. I've no idea on the afternoon.

I have a flight to the UK with Aer LIngus on Wednesday 6.30 am. Please God tell me I don't have to be there at 4.30 am. (No luggage)

Hi there,

Flew to Germany last Thursday. Flight was at 7 a.m. I was at the airport at 4.40 a.m following Aer Lingus advice.
Did the self check-in and got through security quite quickly but you could see that the queues started to build up already.
And there are massive queues for anything from coffee to papers so I advise to bring your own stuff.....

M

This press release

states that the peak queue time on a weekday is only 15 minutes. Is this not true. If it is true why do we need to check in 2 hours before tha flight ?

Parents flew out Sunday 1900.

They got to the airport about 1700 and checked in after about 5 minutes. 25 minutes later they were just through the security queue.

I went to London last Wednesday about 5 pm. There was almost no queue at security check.

Queues can still be brutal

My experience of the past few weeks

Dublin (30minutes Sunday @ 6pm, 10 minutes Friday @9am, 2 minutes !(!)Weds 7pm, 20mins Tues 7am)
Heathrow (several times early evenings T1 & T3 - never more than 2 mins)
Stockholm (late afternoon - 30 seconds)
Milan (late afternoon - 2 mins)
Toronto (morning and afternoon - 1 min)
Montreal (evening - 5 mins)
Manchester (late afternoon - 1 min)

Dublin is clearly the worst at the moment in my experience anyway - the queues can be awful - they do move but they are sooo long

The shoes/belts are what are slowing things down .. the coat/laptop thing isnt' causing too many issues .. it's the shoes & belts that is causing the problem I would think.

A major part of the problem though is that still after 4 weeks of this messing they have no signage telling the passengers what to do... the only signs I could see are old and relate to mobiles/camera film! If there was clear signage so people knew in advance they had to do the shoes etc. then it might speed things up.

I wonder is it a capacity issue also - Dublin has 8 security channels - (2 sets of 4) to handle ~15m passengers pa ... I would guess (but don't know) this is proportionally less than many other airports

I travelled from Dublin Airport last Saturday. Check in was very quick with the self-service system and tag and drop for the bags.

We got in the security queue, which had 6 'rows', at 4.40p.m. We emerged the other side, with shoes back on, exactly 20 minutes later. This was much quicker than we expected, having heard all the stories about 2 hour delays. The fact that our flight was not departing until 8.15p.m. meant a long wait, but at least we were through!!

My main complaint is that of the 8 security machines, only 4 were in use. Is this what slows things up? If so, why can't all 8 be used?

We came back from Heathrow on Monday evening and just walked straight up to the security check, no queues whatsoever.

I turned up at 5.20am for my 6.40 flight yesterday;

Self -service check in - 1 min
Thru security check with shoes back on - 5 mins

Glad I didn't turn up there at 4.40am.

The Aer lingus website says this:

Ex Ireland:

* Check-in for all flights departing from Ireland to Europe and the UK will close 30 minutes prior to departure.
* Check-in for flights to the USA will close 45 minutes prior to departure.
* Effective 15th May check-in will close for all flights 45 minutes prior to departure.

So if you arrive say one hour before the flight time and the check in desk is still open as per above who bears responsibility if the security check queue is a mile long and you don't make the flight even though you have checked in on time?

Back