Query regarding 1 late mortgage payment

deltrotter

Hi All,

I am placing this within Mortgage Arrears - hoping this query is in the correct category.

Very quick question. I am 10 years paying a mortgage never missed a payment. I paid online my mortgate through online banking and for some reason the payment arrived late. My lender called me or rather the arrears department called me! I explained the situation the payment was made but it appeared late on their system. The arrears department gave me the talk about credit bureau of Ireland, etc.

Will this effect my credit history? After speaking with the lender they have confirmed my account is fully up to date paid so no issue from their end. I have no other bad credit history, no other loans. I took out a credit union loan 9 years ago or so and overpaid the repayments and cleared the loan ahead of time. The same applies to all utility bills in my name - no issues. I would consider myself to have a good credit history but really hoping the above has not affected this.

Would appreciate some advice on this if applying for a mortgage in the future.

Thank you

Very unlikely to affect your credit rating as it seems to be their problem not yours.

However, in a month or so check your ICB record to make sure.

Why don't you just set up direct debit and then you won't have to worry about it?

Brendan

Thanks Brendan for the prompt response. Was beginning to get a little worried although I knew all things considered my credit rating is generally good.

AFAIK as long as the payment is made within the month it's due you aren't in arrears. Also FWI utility companies arent members of ICB.

Back