Pumping Cavity walls 90s bungalow

Greenbean

Hi , we're thinking of getting the cavity walls pumped of our bungalow which was built 94-95 ( it's an 80s style bungalow that were so common around ireland )

We got 2 quotes so far from 2 companies

1st quote - 150m2 of Korefill bonded bead . He's going to adjust a vent on one of the windows to keep it constantly open

Cost - 1700e so the grant covers the entire cost

2nd quote - same amount except with Kingspan beaded platinum + install one wall vent
Cost 4400e before grant of 1750e

So there's a huge difference in price which kinda worries me ! Has anyone had experience of using these products ? Is the Kingspan really worth that much more ?

The guy doing the Kingspan said you only get one chance to do it so it's better to do it right - which I agree with !! But is it really worth paying 2600e extra ??

Any thoughts/ feedback would be appreciated .
Thanks

4400 euros for pumping a cavity is outrageous imo.
Compare the thermal conductivity of each product being pumped to get a feel on the difference in actual insulation product being proposed (the lower the conductivity the better - you will find this info in the certification documentation of each product).

Are the two service providers registered with SEAI. This is important for Grant purposes. Agree with Micks'r on all the above points

Are the two service providers registered with SEAI. This is important for Grant purposes. Agree with Micks'r on all the above points
Yeah both of them are registered with SEAI. The Kingspan promises thermal conductivity of 0.033w/m2k with the Korefill promising 0.035

It's just that usually when you price jobs , there isn't such a big difference

FWIW I just paid €3700 for Korefill in Dublin on a large dormer. Invoice says 200sqm but not sure that was measured or just finger in the air guess.

I had a rep using Kingspan product and was quoted a ridiculous figure which I told him to go and find another victim. Will check around for another price when my health improves.

I high quote can indicate a busy business who already has a lot of work on the books. Rather than say no, they offer an inflated price that will make it worth their while to work (and pay) overtime to get it done.

Yeah both of them are registered with SEAI. The Kingspan promises thermal conductivity of 0.033w/m2k with the Korefill promising 0.035

The thermal conductivity is almost identical and will be an immeasurable difference. Go for the cheaper quote, save your money and spend it in other places more wisely.

Back