PRSA AVC difficulties

rejoyce

I have an occupational pension with my employer SB. I’ve started to proactively think about retirement (still 20 years off) and looked at the funds available & decided the risk/returns weren’t suitable for my needs. I setup an PRSA for my AVCs. My employer would not facilitate this through payroll but I got the next best thing. With help from my advisor I applied to revenue and got tax relief at source for my AVC contributions. My pay is grossed up, I make the payment by DD 2-3 days after my pay day, it’s working well.

I am now looking at transferring the prior AVCs I made into the company pension into my PRSA which is with New Ireland. I am experiencing push back from the pension company M and the pension trustee, it’s been going on a while. Revenue are involved as well, queries going back & forth.

When the AVC PRSA was setup my adviser needed details of the company scheme. I was provided with a PRSA2 AVC certificate which seems to mean the PRSA is linked to another scheme. The other scheme is not noted on the certificate however. M are now asking me if New Ireland sent formal notice to my employer, M or the trustee telling them the PRSA had been linked. Is this a red herring being thrown in or is such notice required?

if anyone ever heard of this could they let me know? I don’t think any action is required by M or my employer so wonder if this notice is a requirement

Back