Prospect Hill on Finglas Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I reserved an apt in Block 3 last week. Only problem is its gonna be at least December before I get to move in. To those who have moved in: Were there delays in the building for you? and are you finding the place is secure?- dont like the sound of the bricks being thrown. Do you know if the steps will always enable free public access to the complex or will it be gated at the points of entry? I fear that if not gated the apartments will be laid bare to vandalism, teenage drinkers and the like as it is so open.

I am very excited about the apartment. it is certainly the best value I have seen over the last few months in new apartments and so close to the City centre on QBC. The prices have gone up drastically in the last few months. I know, I, for one am paying about 35-40k more for a 1 bed than were paid by buyers last year. If anyone out there has moved in to a 1 bed and wouldnt mind letting me see the interior, I would be eternally grateful- would give me a better idea of size, dimensions etc.

Yeah, I reserved a one-bed in Block 7 in this phase. It does seem pretty good value at the mo, tho very distressing that what I'll be paying would have bought a two-bed in the same development last year. At least the kitchen appliances are included.
They said it should be ready in 4-6 weeks but I'll believe that when it happens! The estate agents were really vague about the whole thing. No dimensions of rooms for instance - they said the total is about 40 sq metres. I'm buying through the Shared Ownership Scheme and it took nearly a week to get someone to give me the details I needed to fill in the form for DCC, and despite giving them the details of DCC's solicitors four times they asked me for them again this morning. Less than impressed!
If anyone has moved into a one-bed would really appreciate dimensions and any other info...

Hi nephster,
A bit strange that they can't provide you with dimensions for an apartment that is nearly completed. I think you should ask the agent to request the dimensions from the developer.

When signing the contract last year we asked for dimensions, and after a couple of weeks the agents sent us a drawing in the post.

Best of luck, hope it works out for you!

Thanks for that! Yeah, as I said they were extremely vague - took enough time to even get the overall size, and of course no show apartment, just mocked up rooms in the sales suite which had several walls missing so you couldn't work out the sizes... :( I was a bit surprised that you get so little info when spending over a quarter of a mill - the website is still "under construction" too, so no help there!

anybody know how many apartments in the entire development have been sold so far and how many are left to be sold?

I think there are to be 400 apartments by 2007 in total. 2nd phase was released on 4/5/06 and I was told up at the marketing suite that it was for 60 1, and 2 bed apts, some to be ready in August, some in October and the rest in December. I thnk 1st phase was about 60 apartments too. I think there are 3 phases altogether as far as I can glean from newspaper articles (which are not wholly accurate anyway). I was up there last night for a drive and I was thinking 'it looks like there's going to be a whole lot more than 400 apts when theyre all finished'!!! I also strongly suspect that apts may also have been released to investors prior to the public release dates so there may be more sold than officially on the public market. I agree with nephsters comment re: not getting any to scale info in plans but hopefully as with sandra m, we will get them after signing of contracts. I was told signing of contracts and deposit of 8k was within 3 weeks of receiving them this week. My solicitor has received nothing as yet!!!

Hi tazdustdevil,
We put the deposit down in April last year and didn't sign the contract until July - so don't despair! We were told by the estate agent that there's often delays due to the amount of contracts to be issued at every new release.

hi everyone,
I am considering buying a two bed duplex in prospect hill in block 4(put down a booking deposit).I am unable to so far get plans and dimensions of the room so if anybody could help me out with the general dimension of the rooms that would be great.Are the duplexs suitable for two or three people?.I would appreciate any infromation or advice on the duplex as well.

Hi there,

I bought a duplex last year and should be moving in in July. I had the same problem getting dimensions, but I did get an architect's drawing (which I have since lost!) but only after chasing the estate agent for ages.

I was also lucky enough to get in and have a look at the shell of another duplex recently. I have to say I am quite excited about it, it is quite a unique design to Dublin. Two things that immediately struck me are the width of the hallway upstairs (its quite large so bookshelves, a chair or other piece of furniture could go there) and the utility room. The utility is actually quite large, so much so I am thinking of putting a desk in there. I initially thought the bedrooms were small but since talking to someone else on the discussion board, once floors are put down and the walls painted it will open the rooms up.

I also think the duplexes are a good investment. They have gone up in value substantially and this is just the second launch. There are 10 blocks in total so I imagine they will increase in price with each launch.

The apartments do look small, but it's also true that they open up once you've done it up a bit. I bought into a two bed duplex in block six and was one of the first to move in. I must admit my heart sank when I first saw the size of them but I'm happy enough since I've moved in.
I'm using the smaller bedroom as my main bedroom and I'm using the second one as a second living room with a sofa that can make it into a guest room if the need arises.
The utility room is large, but I don't know about making an office out of it. There's no windows or natural light and everybody needs somewhere to store stuff.
There's a large number of tenants in here and not all of them are ideal neighbours but I've lived in worse places too. Nowhere's perfect.

Hi All

I have brought an duplex apartment in Block 5 to live last year for 283k and have seen they are going for 330k now which is great for people who got in early. So close to town and the 24hr tesco up the road and a couple of pubs around. I think these are great value, granted they might be a bit small but taking into account the location, bus routes and shops close by and the rate that the value of property is increasing i think this is a great buy.
Im looking for people who have already moved into prospect hill/Premier Square to ans (if they would be so kind) these questions OR people that may have some advice on these questions:
1)Has anyone been burgurled since moving in or had any security problems ?
2) Has anyone had any problems with their Snag list or any kind of problems with the apartment, any floods , fuses blowing.
3) Does any know if there is many people renting or owner occupiers?
4) Did the apartments come finished ie painted and tiled as said in the brochure?
thanks
gary

Hi Gary,
I'm living there since February. Yes, it's a great location and I'm happy to be where I am. Regarding your questions:
1): Don't know if anybody has been robbed but I'd expect it'll happen sooner or later. There are concerns about security. Unlike Premier Square the complex is wide open for anybody to walk through. And as anybody who has lived in an apartment complex can testify, getting a code isn't much of a problem. I've put extra locks on my doors as the ones that are fitted are a bit skeffy.

2): No real problems with snags. Builders were up fairly promptly any time I've asked. I know of one flat that was flooded early on, but luckily nobody was living in either at the time.

3): There's loads of people renting. Some are a pain in the ass, but no horror stories as such - yet!

4): No tiles in the kitchens or flooring anywhere. Bathrooms are complete but no shower screens. Everything painted yucky white.

we have just viewed the apartment we have the deposit on and really liked it. it did seem smaller than we thought but am sure it will feel much bigger when decorated. the estate agent said that once the entire development is complete there will not be 24 hour security and that there will not be any higher fences going up around the complex. is this not different to what was agreed with the management company recently? she seemed to think that the only reason there was a security guard there was because there is still building going on. anybody know if this is true?

Hi there, can anyone who has moved in already tell me about how the snag works? i was told that in order to get my kitchen appliances I have to have the snag done within 2 weeks. does that sound reasonable?

hgd, when did you reserve your apartment? Was it the May 4th launch? I rang Hooke and MacDonald and they said it was not possible to view before the snagging process. The contracts are now with Dublin Council (I'm buying through the Shared Ownership Scheme) so Lord knows when I'll see them! Trying to actually get in contact with DCC, the solicitor and the estate agents, and get answers from them, has been like wading through tar.
FTB26, something similar was said to me re appliances, ie you'd only get them if you (quote) "didn't drag your feet." A friend is buying in Santry and they've only been given a week to snag - over a bank holiday weekend too :(

hgd said:
she seemed to think that the only reason there was a security guard there was because there is still building going on. anybody know if this is true?

I'd say that this is very likely to be the case. The builders are scared of having stuff nicked.

If residents want a security guard in future, they can have one, but it will mean a big increase in annual maintenance fees.

Hi all,

Same situation for myself, buying a 2 bed duplex in Block 3, does anyone know any info on dimensions, we've been onto the estate agents and theyre not giving us anything at all, just told us it was 2 double bedrooms. Its about 780sq ft, does anyone else have a duplex this size? Will the kitchen be the size it was in the show room? Also we were told nothing about appliances, are they definitely included?

It's just madness paying so much money and not having an idea of what you are getting but I know its just the way things are these days.

Just wondered if anyone else out there is currently in process of signing contracts from the May launch?
Also to those currently living/ owning in Prospecthill: I reserved a park space and think from plans its handy to my buildings entrance. Was that your experience? Did the allocated space at pre-contract stage stay the same? They have all sorts of clauses in the contract absolving themselves from delays, allowing them to change the park space if need be etc... Virtually nothing is set in stone.

I have noted that the dimensions/ sq footage even are not in the contracts and there seems to be no flexibility on this. I have also noted with disappointment that the size of the 1 bed I reserved at the marketing suite seems to have shrunk slightly by 13sq feet!!! Hopefully there is not too much inconvenience.

Having said all that I still think its a great development and hope we and others continue to communicate on this website. I note some of the other residents of new/ newish developments have great discussions going on here and boards.ie in relation to progess as apts get nearer to completion stage. PS Hello Brighid, I am one of your new neighbours!!!!

Did not like the plans and i have to say Premier Square aint working out well so i would advise investors to stay away. If you are thinking of buying here to reside and your from the area it might be the most sensible purchase. But i would look elsewhere if your budget allows , a quick trip behind the back of Janelle/Clearwater will clear the matter.

Hasslehoff said:
Did not like the plans and i have to say Premier Square aint working out well so i would advise investors to stay away. If you are thinking of buying here to reside and your from the area it might be the most sensible purchase. But i would look elsewhere if your budget allows , a quick trip behind the back of Janelle/Clearwater will clear the matter.

Hasslehoff, I'm an owner occupier of Premier Sq, could you please elaborate on your opinion why P Sq "aint working out well".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back