Property tips for 2008 purely investment (ie not self holiday) (except CV/Bulgaria)

Re: Property tips for 2008 purely investment (ie not self holiday) (except CV/Bulgari

Fascinating reading! Priceless info for a beginner like me.
Thanks to all!
Fair comments.
I agree on the US. Way too early to invest yet. another 12 months at least and things will look interesting.
This was posted 3/4 of a year ago...
Would you reckon the time has come to start looking for a property in US?

Re: Property tips for 2008 purely investment (ie not self holiday) (except CV/Bulgari

Thanks to all!

Since the last posts I did get involve in equity participation deals in Canada. Direct investment in indivual apartments dont offer huge growth - you have to go in as a equity partner / develop. Yields remain strong. Capital growth only 4% on average y-o-y for general resi. stuff. Also was offered recently another deal in Toronto with a projected IRR of 33%. Min investment €500k -Was anyone offered this? UK - have been stearing clear of these for the moment. Germany - growth in general still on the down. Having visited a few times decided not to do anything there anymore in resi. Have seriously considered Solar Energy Plant investments in Germany. Still in research stage - 6 months or so. I also researched RSA for this purpose - coal is too cheap and the government too close minded. In theory it should be a great investment as there are massive electricity shortages.

USA - the market generally runs in a cycle of 7 years. I did say to wait for later in 08. At this point I suggest Q1-Q2 next year. The major problem of course is the currency. Will it strengthen or weaken - very speculative. Also, I did put up a post regarding repossessions / bank debt in Marbella. The introducer fees are huge, it is a major gamble to purchase debt but in saying that if everything closes smoothly I will benefit from very healthy rental yields - has anyone consdered this or completed?

Thanks to all!

Since the last posts I did get involve in equity participation deals in Canada. Direct investment in indivual apartments dont offer huge growth - you have to go in as a equity partner / develop. Yields remain strong. Capital growth only 4% on average y-o-y for general resi. stuff. Also was offered recently another deal in Toronto with a projected IRR of 33%. Min investment €500k -Was anyone offered this? UK - have been stearing clear of these for the moment. Germany - growth in general still on the down. Having visited a few times decided not to do anything there anymore in resi. Have seriously considered Solar Energy Plant investments in Germany. Still in research stage - 6 months or so. I also researched RSA for this purpose - coal is too cheap and the government too close minded. In theory it should be a great investment as there are massive electricity shortages.

USA - the market generally runs in a cycle of 7 years. I did say to wait for later in 08. At this point I suggest Q1-Q2 next year. The major problem of course is the currency. Will it strengthen or weaken - very speculative. Also, I did put up a post regarding repossessions / bank debt in Marbella. The introducer fees are huge, it is a major gamble to purchase debt but in saying that if everything closes smoothly I will benefit from very healthy rental yields - has anyone consdered this or completed?

Back