Property Price Register Website-Online 30-Sep-2012.

They should show the actual price paid inc vat, it is very misleading but even accounting for vat a lot of them are still wrong.
I cant see anywhere on the site that says add on 13.5% vat it says actual price paid

It refers to it on the front page.

"If the property is a new property, the price shown is exclusive of VAT at 13.5%"

See here:

[broken link removed]

Try this...

[broken link removed]

Source:Thatguy www.thepropertypin.com

That's working great, I can now check how much my property has dropped :rolleyes: but seriously it will help me if I was selling to have an idea of price. And I actually am in the process of selling something, just not for myself.

That weblink is also easy to use, I did two tests on it and it worked very well.

Sold a house this year to first time buyers. It is not listed on the register and i'm guessing that it is because they were exempt from stamp duty.

How then will the register be of use to first time buyers if the properties they are likely to purchase don't get listed?

Sold a house this year to first time buyers. It is not listed on the register and i'm guessing that it is because they were exempt from stamp duty.

How then will the register be of use to first time buyers if the properties they are likely to purchase don't get listed?

There is no FTB stamp duty exemption anymore, it is likely timing delay

I don't think there is any exemption anymore for First Time Buyers so that won't be the reason.

There may be just some glitches or there may be real issues.

There's an old theory that when things happen or appear suspicious that it's either (a) a cock up or (b) a conspiracy . Usually, cock up wins every time!

mf

We bought last year and my elderly parents sold (and bought in 2010/11) but none of these transactions are showing up.
There are two different sets of solicitors involved and three different properties.
Should we be worried that money "is just resting [in the solicitors] accounts?

Seems to be a lot of problems relating to poorly entered data,if its accuracy is in any was questionable on even a smallish scale then its unfit for purpose and will not be trusted.

We bought last year and my elderly parents sold (and bought in 2010/11) but none of these transactions are showing up.
There are two different sets of solicitors involved and three different properties.
Should we be worried that money "is just resting [in the solicitors] accounts?

Our purchase is up there from late last year, albeit at a slightly lower figure due to vendors messing around with contents we never agreed to 'purchase' in the contracts. As the register is based on stamp duty, and if my property wasn't there, and on the basis that I paid the the stamp duty due over to my solicitor well before we closed the purchase, I'd be making a polite query to my solicitor in the morning as to when they forwarded it on to Revenue!

I checked a couple of houses that I knew were sold and they are on the list. I know that one house shows the correct sale price, but I cannot vouch for the others.

I think it's good that this is available but obviously it has its limitations.

House number 55 in Anytown estate goes on sale for €200,000. House number 56 is going to market but has a huge extension that includes a living area and a bedroom upstairs and also a conservatory because of renovations.

We still can't really compare like with like.

Marion

No two houses are the same - even 2 adjacent houses are different - one is nearer the shops, road, bus stop, ... whatever

As the register is based on stamp duty, and if my property wasn't there, and on the basis that I paid the the stamp duty due over to my solicitor well before we closed the purchase, I'd be making a polite query to my solicitor in the morning as to when they forwarded it on to Revenue!

Thanks Bob, I've just sent an email to my solicitors as you suggested. Am quite curious (and a little nervous!) as to what their response will be.

House number 55 in Anytown estate goes on sale for €200,000. House number 56 is going to market but has a huge extension that includes a living area and a bedroom upstairs and also a conservatory because of renovations.

We still can't really compare like with like.

Marion

But if you are watching a particular area over a period of time, you can save the details of houses for sale. So you will know how many bedrooms it has. When the prices are published you can adjust accordingly.

Brendan

Does anybody have suggestions about discovering the asking price of a house on this register?
I recall looking at this a while ago, but cannot remember what the asking price was.
[broken link removed]
Is there a way to find it out?

Back