Price for sockets

Wolverine

Hi Guys,

Limerick area.
Builder has told us that our socket allowance is 2 double sockets per room.
6 double sockets for Kitchen.

After that it's 70 Euro per double socket after that, Does this sound steep ?

What is an average price per extra TV Socket ?

Anyone recently get Cat5 / Cat5e / Cat6 cable run ?
What was the cost per port.

Thanks,
Wolverine.

sounds steep...was charged 40 euro's each for extra double sockets/TV?Phone points, light points. In cork..

€70 sounds about right, it used to cost about £50 pre-changeover for a double-so allowing for inflation etc it sounds ok. Put it this way, it'll never be as cheap to get the extra sockets now.

In calculating sockets work out how many you require and double it . You will never regret this.

Retrofitting sockets is hugely disruptive and expensive.

Also ask how many separate circuits are in heavy usage areas eg kitchen, utility.

In a modern house having washer, drier, hob, toaster on one circuit will cause mucho problems if you try to use them all at once.

Percival said:
In a modern house having washer, drier, hob, toaster on one circuit will cause mucho problems if you try to use them all at once.

It's most unlikely that all these appliances would be in use at the one time, this is what electricians call "the diversity factor" and using this principle a house can be wired more economically reducing unnecessary cable runs etc.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm looking for a good few so I'm going to try get him down on the price a bit.
Still seems a bit steap for what it's made up of though.

Cheers,
Wolverine.

Whereabouts in Limerick is it? I've just bought a house in Woodhaven but haven't had any dealings with the builder yet.

I'd say you should try negotiate all these extras before a contract is agreed, and offer to pay him cash, he will prefer this. Also don't forget an outside socket and outside tap.

I've just been given a quote of €45 to supply and install each extra twin socket which seems very reasonable compared to what others here are being quoted. What I don't understand is that the electrician has also quoted €10 to install only. Am I to take it that he's charging €35 for materials? He seems a reasonable fellow so I don't think he's over charging but if a socket costs around €8 in B&Q, what else would he be charging for - the housing, wires, etc??

I paid €40 per extra double socket, but that was about 4 years back. I had to deal directly with the electrician.

Another useful extra is a light in the hot press.

Hi Guys,

Limerick area.
Builder has told us that our socket allowance is 2 double sockets per room.
6 double sockets for Kitchen.

After that it's 70 Euro per double socket after that, Does this sound steep ?

What is an average price per extra TV Socket ?

Anyone recently get Cat5 / Cat5e / Cat6 cable run ?
What was the cost per port.

Thanks,
Wolverine.

Material cost < € 5.00, labour 20mins @ € 58.00/hr (charge-out rate, but already on-site lower rates would apply. Rounding up and generous €40.00/DSkt.

Material cost < € 5.00, labour 20mins @ € 58.00/hr (charge-out rate, but already on-site lower rates would apply. Rounding up and generous €40.00/DSkt.

socket & box & conduit €4.50
cable back to fuseboard €10.00
maybe extra MCB €6.50
Cutting extra chaise down the wall €7.50
labour

socket & box & conduit €4.50
cable back to fuseboard €10.00
maybe extra MCB €6.50
Cutting extra chaise down the wall €7.50
labour

Where in gods name are you getting cable 10 euro???
what are you feeding it with? GOLD T/E
Max to finish a ring, 2 euro, and that would be a BIG house

Back