Positive Overseas Investment Reports

brian.mobile

With the amount of money heading overseas, is it me cos I'm struggling to find anyone who's made a profit.

So has anyone cashed in, made / making money or successfully renting their property investment overseas?

Hope there isnt an echo in here.

BM

At last - some one has started a positive thread. I for one am sick of all the negativity aswell.I'd really like to see some success stories.

Havent cashed in yet but im in the middle of purchasing a one bed apartment in Rosscoff, Germany for €16,500.It comes with a guaranteed 6% net yield for ten years.After 10 years capital gains is exempt. As the yield is net i wont have to worry about any running costs. Tenants will furnish and decorate apartment themselves.

Hoping it will appreciate in the ten years. I was going to buy a few of them but it's better not to put all your eggs in the one basket.

I have an apointment with a local estate agent on Monday who claims to have several clients all investing in land in Bulgaria. Apparently you but for 6 euros per square metre unregulated, get it regulated and plots laid out and sell on for 20 euros ! Too good to be true? I am aware you have to set up a Company over there to buy and need a good Bulgarian solicitor but he claims to have this all covered and is (call me gulible)positive

I am aware you have to set up a Company over there

Afaia there are major problems when you take money from a company under irish legislation. All money is taxed as income and taxed at 42% even the gain when realised (property sold) instead of taxed as CGT at 20%. Be very careful. Contact a tax advisor in ireland and discuss. The solicitor in bulgaria will not be aware of the irish tax situation.

I have an apointment with a local estate agent on Monday who claims to have several clients all investing in land in Bulgaria. Apparently you but for 6 euros per square metre unregulated, get it regulated and plots laid out and sell on for 20 euros ! Too good to be true? I am aware you have to set up a Company over there to buy and need a good Bulgarian solicitor but he claims to have this all covered and is (call me gulible)positive
You said it Gullible

Come on people, this was supposed to be a positive thread. How can a person who is about to lose his shirt in Bulgaria be related to anything positive?

The original poster asked for positive stories, I have a few but am not about to divulge the ones that are ongoing.

If you want a historical one, I advised a number of clients to buy a bundle of terraced redbrick houses in Manchester a couple of years ago at 18 to 20K sterling. They are unloading the last of these now at 75K stg each, not bad for four years investment, even after CGT (payable at Irish rates only in this case).

And yes, I did have half a dozen myself, took my own advice.

By the way, the price of unregulated land in Bulgaria is about 1 to 2 euros per sq. m., but don´t let that stop you.

It IS possible to do such deals on agricultural land in several of the eastern european countries but you really need to know what you are about an I'd respectfully advise you NOT to do it if you don't have on the ground, first-hand knowledge.

The likelihood is that you will be ill-advised and get burned. I'm a 'local' and, believe you me, I've backed out on a number of such deals in the recent past.

If you have no prior knowledge and haven't seen the site in question then forget it!!!

..........I advised a number of clients to buy a bundle of terraced redbrick houses in Manchester a couple of years ago at 18 to 20K sterling. They are unloading the last of these now at 75K stg each, not bad for four years investment, even after CGT (payable at Irish rates only in this case).

And yes, I did have half a dozen myself, took my own advice.

Brilliant x 6!

BM

Hi Auto320

Where would you advise someone to invest their money overseas at the minute?

Katryn, the best place to invest your money is somewhere that you have seen at first hand and somewhere that, if it all went pear-shaped, you would be prepared to stay invested in for the longer term until it recovered.

...in the middle of purchasing a one bed apartment in Rosscoff, Germany for €16,500.It comes with a guaranteed 6% net yield for ten years.

Purplealien,

Was just looking at this on Daft - presuming its the same place. Seems very, very cheap. I noticed that no estate agent is listed on the AD - who is seling them?

Back