Polish Windows (Importing Windows from Poland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading posts about windows and was suprised, that nobody mentioned designing, survey, fitting of the windows...
You can buy the best window on the market, but if the window is designed, surveyed, fitted wrong - you have your money wasted.

It is right , but idea is that it is easy find someone who can do profesionally glazing project, sourvey , fit and organize delivery from Poland .
In this way it is safe and cheap business

Nowadays there is quite a lot of companies that offer windows made and imported from Poland & Lithuania, some of them big manufacturers that won't directly admit to doing so.

Nearly all big Polish manufacturers now sell to UK through Uk-based distributors, who do offer design, survey, fitting etc. Check out e.g.

Bereco (www.bereco.co.uk)
Adpol (www.adpol-gb.co.uk)
SG Windows (www.sgwindows.co.uk)
Eco Redwood Windows (www.eco-redwoodwindows.com)
www.Timberwindows.com

and many more, there's lots of them! They all have different prices, product range, aftersales service, some offer fitting, some not etc.

If you are looking for anything in particular you just need to shop around, but it's definitely worth as as the products generally tend to be much better than what is made in the UK.

Regards

Hi Fitch-Lock, welcome to AAM. In accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company other than being a satisfied customer?
Leo

I am closely involved with fitting of timber windows though not directly with the companies I listed (btw these are 5 different ones)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Just wanted to post in reply to people concerned about how to hang curtains/blinds with Polish windows, as they open inwards.

My parents lived in Poland for a few years (they're Irish) and the windows in their house had thin, silver coloured venetian blinds between the two panes of the double glazing. You could angle the blinds open or closed and also pull them up completely to get an unobstructed view, just like normal venetian blinds - but they never got dirty because they were sandwiched between the two panes of glass.

I'd never seen those kind of windows before (or since), I don't know how common they are in Poland but it seemed (still seems) like a fantastic idea and surely worth looking into if you're thinking of importing Polish windows.

Hi,
You wouldn't believe the difference in price, im doing a simple kitchen extension and just for 4 velux and french doors iv'e saved over €1000 euro just going to northern ireland, an hour away. But the biggest shock has been Travertine Tiles which are €1000 in the uk, including 300 delivery charge, qouted €9000 here!!! there are so many companies dealing with importing now, you really have to do a lot of net trawling though. Iv'e decided to source all the materials myself for my extension at this stage, it's unfortunate but the price difference is just to much!

Suziewon,
Can you give us the name of the source for your tile quotes?
€1000 in the uk, including 300 delivery charge sounds brilliant..

thanks

Hi,
You wouldn't believe the difference in price, im doing a simple kitchen extension and just for 4 velux and french doors iv'e saved over €1000 euro just going to northern ireland, an hour away. But the biggest shock has been Travertine Tiles which are €1000 in the uk, including 300 delivery charge, qouted €9000 here!!! there are so many companies dealing with importing now, you really have to do a lot of net trawling though. Iv'e decided to source all the materials myself for my extension at this stage, it's unfortunate but the price difference is just to much!

I'd also like any contact details you have for the tile and velux supplier!!
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I'm wondering how much it would cost to get a PVC porch - with an aluminium door. I think the porch is 10 feet by 3 but walled on one side.
I got one quote of 1000€ to build up the step and a then 3K for the porch itself.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm wondering how much it would cost to get a PVC porch - with an aluminium door. I think the porch is 10 feet by 3 but walled on one side.
I got one quote of 1000€ to build up the step and a then 3K for the porch itself.

Thanks,

What has this got to do with importing windows from Poland?
Leo

we just fitted Polish Rehau system windows to a new house here. Quality of the windows & esp the front door was very good.

Good point about the opening in thing, though, we missed that....it's a problem if you want to fit blinds..............also: they don't fit obscure glass in their bathroom windows as standard, like we do, so don't forget that, either..........damhik !

OTH, I just built a 3600 sq ft house, with 23 opes, from a Mayo co:
2 x french doors
1 x teak front door
21 x windows (one measuring app 1.5m x 4.5m)
Total price, inc VAT & fitting - Eur11k.

All work well. Front ones, incl the large one, are grey, wood-grained PVC, the balance white.

Can you PM me your supplier as I am embarking on a new build in Mayo and windows are currently coming in at 28000 at present.
Kind Regards,
P.J.

After energy efficiency, surely the most important thing about windows is the appearance? While uPVC might be appropriate in some situations, in others they are totally inappropriate.

Many of the steel windows in the 20s terrace where I live have been replaced with uPVC and the thick frames just ugly. Aluminium seems a much better choice, but replacing with metal, would, for me, be the best possible option.

As with wood, there is a beauty with the thin lines of metal windows that CANNOT be replicated with plastic!

After energy efficiency, surely the most important thing about windows is the appearance? While uPVC might be appropriate in some situations, in others they are totally inappropriate.

Many of the steel windows in the 20s terrace where I live have been replaced with uPVC and the thick frames just ugly. Aluminium seems a much better choice, but replacing with metal, would, for me, be the best possible option.

As with wood, there is a beauty with the thin lines of metal windows that CANNOT be replicated with plastic!

reidj you should have a look at this forum archiseek.com this thread on pvc would be of great interest to you,

[broken link removed]

hi pj can u let mme know what window supplier u used im workin in claremorris and starting to build in galway soon

Just received quotes back on a new build in Limerick today, two companies quoted so far for 37 windoes, 3 french doors and front and back door, wood alu clad. first quote 39,000 + vat, second quote 42,000 (vat incl). Not sure if these people have heard of the recession !!!

Just received quotes back on a new build in Limerick today, two companies quoted so far for 37 windoes, 3 french doors and front and back door, wood alu clad. first quote 39,000 + vat, second quote 42,000 (vat incl). Not sure if these people have heard of the recession !!!

37 windows, 3 french doors, a front door and a back door....recession

:rolleyes:.

Not sure if these people have heard of the recession !!!

Probably not, but with all those windows you'll see them coming.

Average cost per window is 800-1000 supply and fitted, so while its a lot of money it should not be far from you budget expectations from your planning stages.

BTW How much were you expecting to spend? and what is the floor ares of the house?

hi could you send me the details of the supplier and transport company for the windows. thanks

Why are people getting uptight over the structure of windows. At the end of the day, timber requires constant maintenance, with paints etc., the handles will be made of plastic, rubber seals, ..........

I have my pvc, I will get approx 10 - 15 years out of it, I will be putting in a new timber front door - hardwood - It will be painted every couple of years. Cheap - sorry I mean inexpensive - .

Thats what I consider best of both worlds.

hi computer man could you send me details of the supplier and transport company you used for your windows. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back