Point of Sale Transaction 4 Months old appearing now in March!

Pinchy

Hi there,

Just looking for soem tips on Visa Debit. I was looking at my statement online yesterday and noticied that there were 2 transdactions from November 2010. They were payments in a supermarket and had a date in brackets of the 3rd of November. I do actually recall these transactions and can see that my card was not debited in November (when the transaction took place)

I am just wondering is there some sort of payment code of practice or regulations that govern this. Seems that retailers can just process payments 4 months (or more) after you have bought the goods !

Thanks, j

Hi there,

Just looking for soem tips on Visa Debit. I was looking at my statement online yesterday and noticied that there were 2 transdactions from November 2010. They were payments in a supermarket and had a date in brackets of the 3rd of November. I do actually recall these transactions and can see that my card was not debited in November (when the transaction took place)

I am just wondering is there some sort of payment code of practice or regulations that govern this. Seems that retailers can just process payments 4 months (or more) after you have bought the goods !

Thanks, j

Generally, they have up to 6 months to process the charge. Sometimes, batches of charges get forgotten for whatever reason.

Back