places for romantic picnic?

tinkerbell

:eek:Have a very special occasion coming up shortly and would love to bring OH for a picnic to some romantic setting in the Leinster area. Was watching the tv program a week ago where a fellow proposed on the top of a mountain overlooking a waterfall - that kind of place! Any ideas?;) (no not that kind!!)

Aw that's lovely :)

I love Howth head - beautiful views out to sea. Not sure if that counts as romantic though, apparently I'm almost as unromantic as Mr gnubbit :D

Woodstock in Inistioge in Co Kilkenny
And if the OP does go to Woodstock, here sounds like a nice place to go after and I see it got a very good review in the Sunday tribune last week.

http://www.bassetts.ie/

That's of course if you can fit it all in after the picnic ! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Overlooking Lough Gill in Sligo, sea and mountains behind and to the right, lake and waterfall in front and to the left.

Thanks so much for all the ideas. Lough Gill can be a romantic weekend maybe as it could be a long drive! Love the Woodstock idea as it hits all the right romantic notes for me and I think OH! Maybe abandon the picnic and have a romantic lunch? Thanks again. May keep the picnic for another time when weather seems better!!

Back