Motor Personal Injury Claim

I

Island1

Hi I was involved in a crash two weeks ago, someone crashed into the back of my car, damage is being repaired. My insurance company wanted to put a solicitor on my case as I injured my neck in the crash. I had to get an xray on my neck and there is no bone damage, just soft tissue injuries. Have a dull pain in my neck and shoulder since, which gets significantly worse when I drive long distances (I drive "home" at the weekends, about 160 miles journey one way). I have been back to the doctor who has recommended me to get physio. In the meantime the solicitor has written to me looking for more details on the accident so they can put in a personal injury claim. I am weary about putting in a claim as I don't really want to be making a fuss, once my expenses are covered I'd be happy enough, but doctor and others have warned me that the injury could flare up again at other times in the future. I'm wondering what is involved if I put in a personal injury claim and would people think it is necessary in my case? Also the third party has been ringing me non stop asking me to let her pay me for the car damage and not go through the insurance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) Sorry about the essay!

Regarding on whether you should claim: only you or your doctor can really answer this. That will come down to medical opinion really.

Hi Island1

Hope you're starting to feel a bit better.

Soft tissue injuries can be very painful - you'll have heard of the term "whiplash" - well that is essentially what a soft tissue injury is. Physiotherapy can greatly alleviate the pain associated with soft tissue injuries. Your doctor may also prescribe various analgesics and other medication. Usually soft tissue injuries to the neck get worse for the first 2-4 weeks after an accident and then gradually improve. Most people would be almost 100% recovered by 12 months max. However, a significant number of people may never have full recovery from soft tissue injuries or may take a couple of years to recover at least.

I don't think there is anything wrong with takingn a personal injuries claim in your case. You were not at fault and you are suffering pain. I think you should get back on to your solicitor and get the case moving.

Best of luck with the recovery.

Hi Island1, if you haven't decided what to do yet, I found this website really good when i was looking into a claim myself, as it can all be a bit confusing, go to injury-compensation dot ie backslash injury claims

@notrich, as a new poster can you clarify your connection (if any) with the services on the web-site you are advertising?

I don't know who made that website. I just found it in google and thought it was useful. Sorry, I don't even know how to show people how to get there with a link

Back