Pepper mortgage redemption

ipko2024

I am currently in the process of paying off my Pepper mortgage in total , will Pepper automatically closed down their direct debit once outstanding balance is paid ??

They should. But their administration is terrible, so you should stop it at your bank as well.

Brendan
Ok many thanks for that, mind you when I said that to the guy in my bank he more or less said there is nothing they can do as it is not a standing order ( this they can control as they are giving the money) in a direct debit I have signed an agreement with Pepper allowing them to take funds from my account. I will write an email to my bank tomorrow regardless advising them to block Pepper withdrawals from my account.

Have you online banking?

This is what I get from AIB under Direct Debits.

1714458665027.png

I certainly cancelled some myself in the past.

Brendan

Ok many thanks for that, mind you when I said that to the guy in my bank he more or less said there is nothing they can do as it is not a standing order ( this they can control as they are giving the money) in a direct debit I have signed an agreement with Pepper allowing them to take funds from my account. I will write an email to my bank tomorrow regardless advising them to block Pepper withdrawals from my account.
Similar to @Brendan Burgess that's not my experience either.
I have unilaterally cancelled many DDs via my ptsb online banking and there was no problem.
I didn't owe the payees any money so the DDs were not presented therafter but I think that they would have simply failed if they had been.

Back