Pension Transfer Allocation Rate Query

MFK

I previously posted this as a response to another thread but would like to get any comments from people on this.

I'm 41yrs so happy to have reasonable level of risk at this stage. Now considering transferring old job pension to new job scheme as annual fees are lower. Old job pension Aviva is 0.75% and new job pension is 0.37% for Irish Life Consensus fund. However I have just been told that if I transferred old pension to a personal retirement bond I could get a top up allocation rate of maybe up to 4% depending on the fund but annual fees tend to be higher at approx 1% for something like Standard life which apparently is very good over long-term. Also you are only tied to this for 5yrs so can move it again and get another top up rate which sounds very positive and attractive. The new job scheme will not give me any top up for the transfer of the funds.

If moving to new job scheme I'm thinking about Zurich Dynamic fund 0.65% and Mercer Balanced Managed Fund 0.55%. Both apparently are good funds and still cheaper than old job pension which is Aviva but downside is no top up.

Appreciate any comments on any of this.

Thanks

Back