Paying for insurance

junii

I am going to be ringing quinn direct later. How can I pay them, Is a bank transfer possible? I want to be insured if possible before Friday, any chance you reckon?

Yes you should be able to set up a balance transfer straight away, or offer them your Laser number for the first month if they do insist on posting it out for you to return with a signature or whatever. I've always pay my insurance over the phone, (not with Quinn Direct though), and been put on cover straight away.

I don't have any laser cards or anything... If they do accept a bank transfer do I not need to wait until I get the insurance certificate in the post before I can drive?

Just checked there now and quinn don't do bank transfers...

Thanks roxy.

Not surprised really, I always found them quite difficult to deal with. Do you have to go with them or would you consider checking out the competition?

tbh, there the cheapest. Ive tried everyone. Im young. Britton are cheaper assuming I do there one day course. All the others don't even come close.

Have you tried being cheeky and asking others to match the price? I've blagged discounts doing this.

Well when I rang Quinn I tried blagging abit but no joy. Unfortunately, there was alot of people around me so I couldn't do it properly. He wouldn't reduce. I didn't even accept it there and then...I said uuuhhh thats quite expensive, ill think about it and get back if im interested. He just said sound!

Ill try badgering again when I call back. After me hanging up and not buying there and then I wonder does he have any leeway with the price. What do you think?
Bear in mind I would be in a high risk category, maybe they don't really want my money that much at all.

What's the high risk? Are you just starting out driving? I would tell them that this would be an opportunity to have a customer for life, someone who would be putting others on their policy in the future, therefore leading to more business and customers for them in the long run.

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, no wonder I'm in Sales, how do I come up with this stuff!

roxy said:
What's the high risk? Are you just starting out driving? I would tell them that this would be an opportunity to have a customer for life, someone who would be putting others on their policy in the future, therefore leading to more business and customers for them in the long run.

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, no wonder I'm in Sales, how do I come up with this stuff!

Jez, Id love to just be able to talk like that to people down the phone, I always feel as though Im talking ****e though which makes me feel as though they think im talking ****e but I know its not ****e...Aaaahhhh!

btw, yep just starting out, Im 21.

Well, I hope you get it sorted, remember they can't see you on the phone, just hear you, so you can look as nervous as you are, just try and sound confident! I think the salespeople in Tesco Insurance are on commission so maybe these would consider matching Quinn's quote for you.

Edit: thought it was e300 cheaper. Thats actually based on ignition course. Damn!

Ahh that's brilliant news! Glad I could be of help, these can definetly put you on cover straight away as I have mine with them. Well done!

Edit; just read the post, do the ignition course, there's previous threads on here about it, i did it about a year and a half ago, easy peasy...

Back