Paying 2011 Preliminary Tax

A

amigo

I have calculated my 2011 preliminary tax. Is there a form I need to fill in for it too or do I just fill in the total on the payslip and post it with the 2010 return form?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question!

There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Just submit the payslip.

If you're paying PT based on 100% of your 2010 liability, make sure you've adjusted the figure to reflect the USC applying for 2010. And if you're basing the payment on 90% of your estimated 2011 liability, make sure you build in enough fat to cover yourself.

The USC is going to be an absolute killer on the likes of rental income etc

It's only when you see the figures in front of you that you realise how punitive it actually is

The PRSA related USC stuff is a joke too.

PRSAs were introduced to give people pension portability.

Now there are all sorts of downsides such as USC on employer contributions etc.

Don't forget if you didn't have the payslip you could just write to Rev' and say please offset this cheque against 2011 PT

I have calculated my 2011 preliminary tax. Is there a form I need to fill in for it too or do I just fill in the total on the payslip and post it with the 2010 return form?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question!

The USC is going to be an absolute killer on the likes of rental income etc

It's only when you see the figures in front of you that you realise how punitive it actually is

Out of interest could you give an example - as thats not what i'm seeing in the majority of cases on Form 11s after you take out the HC and I.Levy.

DB - I assume its those that didnt previosuly reach the HC limit but are now hit with the USC?

Anyone with Sect 23 properties is seeing a big jump in tax payable, and this with the threat of having the rug pulled from under them in 6 weeks time as well.

Can I claim any money back?

I used to be the sole ltd director of a small company. The company went into difficulty. For the last 3 years i have been paying down a loan taken out in the company name but with personal guarantee. I am now a PAYE worker.
Can i claim back any tax i have paid over the last four years based on the monthly payments I have made? Or at least claim relief on the interst I have been paying on the loan?

Back