Parking Fine - unpaid disputed parking ticket received back in 2018

britvic55

Colleague of mine asked me, why has he received summons for unpaid disputed parking ticket received back in 2018 ?? I personally am unsure as it's 4 year ago ? Anyone able to clarify please ? Replies gratefully welcomed.

Lots of these types of issues were put on the back burner due to Covid. As above, a summons is what normally follows the non-payment of such a fine. Disputing a fine does not mean it's cancelled, the dispute would have to be resolved in their favour and the summons is a pretty good indication that it wasn't.

What's the normal time frame for an unpaid parking ticket to end up in court??
I know we've had Covid for the last two years but surly this should have been dealt with before Covid if the ticket was issued in 2018

What's the normal time frame for an unpaid parking ticket to end up in court??
I know we've had Covid for the last two years but surly this should have been dealt with before Covid if the ticket was issued in 2018
Probably depends whether it was a Garda ticket (unlikely) or a local authority warden? And which local authority?

Curious about one point.

Going to the District Court with this is a summary case.

The summons for a DC case is supposed to be applied for to the relevant summons office with 6 months of the date of the alleged offence. Check the date on which the summons was sought. If the summons was only sought well outside that 6 months period (and irrespective of Covid if we are going back to 2018) the case may be out of time. Solicitor time perhaps......

Back