Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspection?

Re: Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspect

It is simple JF - if u read these boards you can make an informed choice.

however, most people won't have the benefit of many others negative presurised experiences.

Therefore, they should not be subjected to some kind of psychological mind control presure cooker sales.

Re: Parador Properties

I don't see anything wrong with sending time wasters packing, I mean I don't think if you took a test drive in a car, drove 10 miles down the road and got out and thanked the sales guy for the lift he'd be happy either.

That would be hilarious, do you recon he'd let you test drive the following day?!

Re: Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspect

Basically Parador know that the majority of people on "free" inspection trips only go for the "free" part. Thats why Parador push so hard to make you sign the papers. Trust me ppl, do not go with these people, you will completely regret it like me and my GF. I only wish now i had of told him to F%*k off and leave us alone. It just would have meant paying for everything which would have been worth it.

What ever you do dont buy a property with Parador properties, we purchased an off plan property with them, along with over 200 other British people, for more information about the sorry story go to Viva-almeria web site and look at all the threads for Almanzora Country Club,
people are still trying to get their money back as Parador Properties sold
properties off plan with no planning permission to build. We were one of the lucky ones, we only lost our deposit.....you have been warned!!!!

Parador are a large respected company and cover a wide portfolio, more than most in Europe. If you are very undecided they could show you a lot of options in many countries.

Our issue is often spending too little time with the client rather than too much. We provide tours to the resorts. Two free nights (when we never attend with the client) and around 10.00am - 6.00pm on one day when we tour.

As it is 5 star accommodation and a true luxury tour we expect something back in return i.e. a seriousness about buying but I certainly wouldn't want to spend two days with a client. If they want to buy they will buy and if the product sells itself then for any agent this approach shouldn't be necessary. :)

I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing a property aboard to book a holiday to the destination that you interested in, make appointments with local estate agents to view properties, contact the British Embassy and get details of lawyers in that area. Do not use the lawyers recommended by any estate agents and definately not by Parador properties. (Any decent estate agent will want you to get independant lawyers anyway) We learnt the hard way and went on an inspection tour with Parador properties, it ended up costing us far more than the £49 each we paid for the tour. We have now purchased a property in Greece, independantly, with an excellent local estate agent, and a lawyer recommended by the British Embassy....these cheap inspection trips with large companies are "too good to be true" !!!!! Dont be sucked in!!!

We have a property purchased through Parador Properties due for completion May 08. We can't get any details from them regarding whether its going to be ready or not because we've not joined up for their Property Owners Club. It seems we are that we are no longer classified as a customer because of this even though we haven't even completed yet. As a result, we don't know if we need to get the mortgage arranged and now wish we could just walk away from the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Anyone going on a "free" viewing trip should always remember the old saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch"!

We have a property purchased through Parador Properties due for completion May 08. We can't get any details from them regarding whether its going to be ready or not because we've not joined up for their Property Owners Club. It seems we are that we are no longer classified as a customer because of this even though we haven't even completed yet. As a result, we don't know if we need to get the mortgage arranged and now wish we could just walk away from the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Poor show on there behalf,these property owners clubs, lifetime aftersales as such in my view are just a take on,most of the services they offer sould be free having purchased through them and are only used to try and flog you something else such as a overpriced furniture pack.

My advice dont do it!!!!
I purchased in February last year an apartment in the Algarve. Here is the story:
Went to open day found Parador very organised and booked inspection tour. Inspection tour was carried out quite professionally and was ok. We then found a property that we were told was "nearly key ready" We were informed by developer/ Parador it would be ready in May 2007.
Fast Forward May 2008 we are still waiting!!!!!! If you dont want stress dont use Parador. Once they have your deposit and their commission is safe they are not interested in you. The aftersales care is pathetic.
We still have not recieved the license of habitation 1 year on its been lies after lies on completion dates and its so frustrating. They supply you with good accomodation, wine etc but once you have took the plunge they wash hands of you!!
Do it independently plenty of agents and my advice always use a different solicitor to what the agent advises, learn from my mistaskes and do not touch Parador.

Even ownersclub is a waste of time Im in it and they dont provide us with information anyway so dont feel as though your missing out, its just a gimmick for Parador to bleed more money out of people.

Hi i am new at this forum, i just want to say something about parador properties and Atlas International.. i worked for both at turkey for sales team.. you might know but i wanna remind you that both company takes 25% commision from developer and developer add this commision top of properties you buy.
nihat babat

So what? Nothing untoward about that and anybody who didn't assume that there was any mark-up in the sales process is a mug.

If thats correct, 25% is an exorbitant sales commision and certainly in no way reflects the industry standard!!!

Maybe it's a high price to pay but it doesn't necessarily indicate anything untoward as might be inferred from the post above.

So what? Nothing untoward about that and anybody who didn't assume that there was any mark-up in the sales process is a mug.
nothing untoward about charging 25% comission for selling a property??? cound not disagee more. people should be made aware of this so they wont get ripped off. I would find being ripped off well and truly untoward...........

If the post is correct and the commision is 25% then it is an exhorbitant figure as the vast majority of overseas property agents would work on a fraction of this. If it is not correct than it should be removed as a post as it is broad stroke unstabstantiated claims such as this that bring our industry into disrepute and leads to the high levels of cynicism that we experience now

Do not think i agree with the figure quoted above,but can tell you for sure the salesperson recieves 1% which is not alot when considering the amount of work that is involved.

Eye on Spain has an agent rating facility on its site. The reviews for Parador are [broken link removed]. There are 52 ratings so it is a fairly representative sample but you would have to remember that people are far more inclined to use these sites when they have complaints than they are when they have had a positive experience.

Eye on Spain has an agent rating facility on its site. The reviews for Parador are [broken link removed]. There are 52 ratings so it is a fairly representative sample but you would have to remember that people are far more inclined to use these sites when they have complaints than they are when they have had a positive experience.

So it is a fairly unrepresentative sample then.

Back