Paid LPT on line but I havent seen the payment coming out of my account yet?

dec1892

I paid it on line but I havent seen the payment coming out of my account yet.........has this been the case for anyone else yet? Nor did I get an email confirmation........

If you opted to make one direct debit payment from your account to pay it, then you could select the date you wished to make the payment.

The default is the 21st July.

I also paid my property tax on line, with the single debit option. I put in the date as 1/7/2012 but the money has not yet been taken from my account.

2012 - good move - I will try to make my payments the year before from now on!

2012 - good move - I will try to make my payments the year before from now on!

That's not so funny as you think putsch.
We opted to pay our property Tax in one amount this year. Apparently the due date for that next year is 1st January! As no Post Office will be open for payments on Jan 1st, strictly speaking we should pay in 2013 for 2014 :(

I opted to pay mine by monthly direct debit, beginning 1st July. No payment has been taken from my account yet.

From the Revenue's LPT FAQs:

Direct debit deductions will be taken on a monthly basis. The first direct debit deductions will commence on 15 July 2013 and will be deducted on the 15th day of each month thereafter up to 15 December 2013

So the first deduction will be made next week.

I opted to pay the 2013 tax in one single payment which has been charged to my account. I see this payment method will automatically apply next year and onwards. as the payment will be double next year i think i will change the payment to monthly. When advising the revenue i assume all i need to do is to tell them this and toquote my property ID reference number. It may well be that other may consider doing this as the half yearly figure seemed manageable to suffer in one sum but when doubled it looks as it would affect my finances if it went thrrough in one amount.

I don't want to start a new thread,as the question is essentially the same.
My father registered online and opted for the single payment.As of today(Aug 2nd),no money has been debited from his account.Should he be worried yet?
He mentioned that the revenues valuation (800k overvalued) would be the default value if somehow there was a glitch in the registration.Any ideas?(I know nothing about LPT as I rent)

Back