P45 Details & Information Given

I

irishcharm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right place to start with this forum but since it is to do with Tax and my query is sort of Tax related so I posted it here.

I have recently been constructively dissmissed by my old employer in order for her to employ her niece, the great problem that I face now is not that I cannot find a new job, it is that I don't want to mention this company to my potential new employer as she only gave me 1.5 months and I shouldn't have left my previous employer of 3 years. Is there any way that I can avoid showing this employers details on my P45? I have an interview tomorrow and I really don't want to mention this company, Please help

Not really sure what you are asking here. Sometimes new employees do not have their P45 because they are still waiting for it - and a Form 12A is used in the meantime to register the new employee who then sends on the P45. Its not right but it happens. hope this helps and good luck with the interview.

Thanks, but what I mean is that I don't want to send my P45 with that particular employers details on it. I was only working there 1.5 months and as they dissmissed me the way they did I don't want to mention them in my interview and I'm afraid that if I get the job they will see by the P45 that I was working in the company that I don't want to mention? Is there a way I can avoid this

Or just tell the new employer you don't have a P45, ask them for their employer number and call Rev and ask them to issue a new cert for the new employment.

ahh Brilliant, Thanks guys, I was thought it was the end of the world for me. I will request the P46 and I will move forward with my career, :)

Back