P21 Balancing statement saying i owe revenue money

Passport1

Hi

Submitted medical expenses for 2015 recently and thought id get a few quid back

Just got my P21 balancing statement today from revenue saying that instead of me getting a few quid back I actually owe them money

Looking at the P21 balancing statement the underpayment is appearing against my 2015 PAYE

My only income is from my salary and my tax credits are just for the usual standard items - nothing additional

How can this be - don't understand this. How could I not have paid enough PAYE as that deducted via payroll

Anyone able to explain this for me please ?
Thanks

Happens. Make sure they gave you all your tax credits. Look at the P60's tax credits and compare the two. Alot will depend on your circumstances. Maybe your employer gave you too many TC's. Very often happens especially with married couples.

Were your pay and tax details pre-entered on the online form or did you enter from your P60?
(oops, just see now it was 2015, not 2016)

Applied for p21 Balance 6 days ago by paperless. Still not up on revenue.ie anybody know how long they take to appear? Website is just telling me phone revenue?

Applied for p21 Balance 6 days ago by paperless. Still not up on revenue.ie anybody know how long they take to appear? Website is just telling me phone revenue?

Hi Fireaway
I submitted mine online on a Thursday morning and P21 balancing statement was there the following Monday

Passport1 - you should phone revenue and ask them to explain. I submitted rental income returns for my self and my partner, and when the balancing statement came out, the tax bill for my partner was unexpectedly large. He phoned immediately and queried. It turns out they had made an error in their calculations. I seem to remember he had been charged an incorrect tax rate. The re-issued the statement the next day, with the bill reduced by 2000 euro. Its worth checking up.

Back