Online menu planner and/or shopping list?

boogaloo

Hello,

I'm trying to be good & plan my week's menu in advance. Thing is, I seem to be a disaster when it actually comes to shopping for more than 1 meal :eek:

What happens is I end up coming home, having spent a fortune, but dont seem to have any full 'meals'.

So I'm back to trying to get the hang of this (again) and just wondered is there any online tool that will help me?

What would be fantastic is something like the Jamie Oliver DS game - where by clicking on a recipe, it gives you the list of ingredients needed and you can then go through it and tick off what you already have in the cupboard.

Even if I had to initially input my own recipes this would be v handy as its usually the same 15 or so dinners that I'd be making anyway.

Failing that, I think maybe something that I could color code might be useful. Ex, on a spreadsheet all the veg is yellow, all the meat is pink, all the grains blue, that type of thing. At least that way I could easily pick out what I need in each aisle or at each counter in the supermarket.

I am aware that this is fairly basic stuff, and it is rather embarrassing to have to ask for help but my pride has cost me too much up to now ;)

Any suggestions?

Maybe something like this, you can search via ingredients and then narrow down searches?, maybe print of a few and leave them in the kitchen?? I know exactly what you are going through I am rubbish at planning meals and shopping!.

Hello,

I'm trying to be good & plan my week's menu in advance. Thing is, I seem to be a disaster when it actually comes to shopping for more than 1 meal :eek:

What happens is I end up coming home, having spent a fortune, but dont seem to have any full 'meals'.

So I'm back to trying to get the hang of this (again) and just wondered is there any online tool that will help me?

me too.

i go out and then come back with one meal (it's all my little brain can process at a time)

then i realise, i forgot garlic/onions/etc/etc etc/ and can't make that other meal I was hoping to do.

is there a standard shopping list anywhere for these items?

Back