OneBigSwitch Offer - Does the saving indicated on the site include the 80 cashback

Passport1

Hi
I signed up to the OneBigSwitch
THe offer been advertised currently is indicating that I can make saving of EUR 88 for the year on my Electricity bill if I were to take up the offer

Im wondering does that EUR 88 include the EUR 80 cashback you get at the end of year if you take up the offer or would the EUR 80 Cashback be on top of this - thus a saving of circia EUR 168 for the year

What do others think?>

Thanks

Apparently you have to sign up for "level Pay" with Bord Gais to get this deal. That means they spread the annual estimated bills over 12 equal payments - BUT to estimate the annual charges they take the previous 12 months usage and add on 20%.
So -you could end up paying more in the first 12 months than you are paying now.
They recalculate every few months and adjust the payment if necessary.

I just got a call from airtricity asking me to stay and giving me a 14% discount and 50 off my next bill.

I made the switch today from Electric Irl to BGE,
BGE annual standing charge is €10(incl VAT)more expensive,i've checked my latest EI bill and since 1/3/14 their rate per kw/h is a shade over 17c,BGE rate is a little over 16c before the 10% discount (it says this above it's pricing structure,so based on my last bill i would have saved €20.

Level pay put me off. Twelve months previous bills divided by twelve and add 20%. Stayed with EI for a finish.

Level pay isn't really an issue for me,i've looked at my bills over the last twelve months and while they do dip slightly during the summer(although the kids are off school and computers and tv's are on permanently)they're not low enough to put me off.

Back