One last bash-where?

A

Annie

The wife and I have decided to clip our wings and head down the family road. So before the sleepless nights of babies and bottles arrive, we want one final 'couple' holiday. Budget of max 1k each, prob not Europe. Any suggestions out there?!Someplace warm but not a beach-only holiday.
Any suggestions out there?
Many thanks...

Great Idea Annie and best of look with your future. I think for this holiday I would try to stretch my budget a little to get the kind of holiday I think you might be looking for.

1k wont get you much of a last bash holiday. i would recommend vegas for this kind of holiday but ur budget would have to be a lot bigger

I suppose by last bash I mean some place that, once sprogs come along, this 'destination' would no longer be viable. Don't necessarily want to come home broke either. I guess for those of you out there with kiddies is there any place you wished you had travelled to before 'settling' down. Budget can be stretched if needs be.

vegas is what u are looking for or some far flung destination i.e. oz

If I didn't have kids I would go long haul and somewhere hot as I wouldn't consider this until the kids are a lot older (when they can and will apply their own sun lotion and will sit still for more than 10 minutes).

I wish I'd gone to South Africa (or anywhere in Africa) and I loved Thailand so I would consider anywhere in that region. It might be tough to do on €2k though unless you want to backpack (which again is probably something you won't be doing after you have kids - unless you're happy to carry everything, pack for everyone and move slowly).

Last edited:
Bring back the memory of a wonderfully mis-spent youth and head for the Greek Islands, cheap hotels/hostels and island hop for 2 weeks. Cheap as chips and glorious weather with a bit of history thrown in ( oh yeah and a lot of ouzo :))

Disney World in Orlando. True, it's a very child-oriented place, but it'll be years before you can take your children on any of the decent rides, so may as well start the research early ;) Plus there's a lot more stuff to do in Orlando and the surrounding areas, such as trips to the Florida Quays or St. Augustine, or a visit to the Kennedy Space Center.

Otherwise, check out resorts that have a no-children policy (you should be able to find some by searching via Google).

while i worked on the ships in the u.s (before haing my kids of course)i was based in miami port and key west.
super places and lots to do and see.great shopping also.we would stay in the wyndham hotel down town miami whenever we signed off.good prices.

I have been researching cruises for the last few days. Some good deals on Tripadvisor.com (priced in $) or Tripadvisor.co.uk (in £).

you would take children on both a cruise and to all florida destinations . the OP asked for somewhere you would never take your children

Hong Kong. You can probably get return flights for about €600, the hotel will treat you like visiting royalty, for economy price. Eating out very cheap. Too far to take children, on a 12 hour flight. Environment everything from beaches to city to mountains, exotic, but English the second language.
You will remember the trip for a long time, through sleepless nights and screaming kids.

you would take children on both a cruise and to all florida destinations . the OP asked for somewhere you would never take your children

Don't think OP was that restrictive. Personally I would not bring my kids on a cruise, so I thought a cruise would be a luxurious treat, no? Now that my kids are teenagers, I am looking at a cruise as a treat for herself and myself.

stretch the budget a bit and head for australia & new zealand, with stop offs in places like hong kong, singapore, fiji, bali etc etc..

We did something similar a few years ago, Japan was our last big bash, Great food, and so so much to do and see. Very easy to get around. All the signs where in English too. Very clean and polite society. Flights are cheap now for long haul and the exchange rate is more favourable now too.
What ever you decide, the very best of luck.

We did a med cruise when i was pregnant (3 mths), loved it, cheapest holiday that we ever went on. Lovely to have breakfast in a different country every morning. Thankfully our little man is now 5 and going on a med cruise with him for 2 weeks in August.

Thanls all. Mrs Annie is worried bout vaccinations interfering with the 'process' ;)on return so that might decide destination!!

Leave the cruise for the few years between retirement and the nursing home and Disneyworld until the kids come along!! I'd suggest San Diego and Vegas if vaccinations are an issue- otherwise South India (Goa and Kerala).

Back