Other Office insurance

ozzym

Hi, I posted this already but think I put in in the wrong forum - oops.

Just wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to get insurance purely for office contents and not for other issues such as public liability, loss of cash etc.

I have just moved into a serviced office premises and am covered under their own policy for public liability etc. I don't have any employees and I will never have cash on the premises (apart from whats in my own wallet - not a lot!!). All I really need to insure is a couple of computers, laptop and a printer.

But anyone I've contacted so far can't quote separately for contents alone so are looking for premiums of €400 - €500 plus which just seems really high considering I just need cover for the computers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi, I posted this already but think I put in in the wrong forum - oops.

Just wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to get insurance purely for office contents and not for other issues such as public liability, loss of cash etc.

I have just moved into a serviced office premises and am covered under their own policy for public liability etc. I don't have any employees and I will never have cash on the premises (apart from whats in my own wallet - not a lot!!). All I really need to insure is a couple of computers, laptop and a printer.

But anyone I've contacted so far can't quote separately for contents alone so are looking for premiums of €400 - €500 plus which just seems really high considering I just need cover for the computers. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Whilst you are covered under their policy for public liability I think if you check further you will probably find that their policy will cover their liability only.
If you have someone in your office who trips over your computer you will find that their policy will not cover your liability to that person.

My advice take out an office policy with public liability as part of the policy.

office insurance policies through it in. If you are a clerical occupation there is no real charge for it. Most of it is usually minimum premium and if the sum insured are small you will only pay €500 or so.

Fair enough, good point about someone tripping over inside my office unit, I hadn't really thought about something like that. I suppose there's every chance their policy wouldn't cover that.

Ok, looks like I might have to bite the bullet then. Thanks for the pointers.

Back