offered an apartment under the Dublin City Council Affordable Housing lottery.

hi ya

Nope I only applied in Nov 06 - with the view to saving for about a year.

I know Im luch but im seriously in a panic. Just didnt expect it this quick.

cant in work at mo. Dont have any privacy.

It is great to be offered but how the hell am I meant to get everything in time. Maybe its my own fault.

Calm down and take a breath!!!!

Now, i've been through it and it is hectic but the reward is great...you've got this far so just stick with it and go with it.....STOP PANICKING!!!!

E-mail dublin city council......[email protected]
or ring them Ph: 01 222 5020
DO NOT TELL THEM THAT SOMEONE ELSE DESERVES IT AND IS MORE PREPARED!!!!

Explain about the P60.

Fax your form into revenue if you can't go in and get it...they'll post it to you...you should get it in 2 days OR get someone to collect it. say it's very very urgent!! Or ask someone to bring the form in for you!

Just talk to them......don't let the 2 weeks freak you out! just talk to them.

cant in work at mo. Dont have any privacy.

It is great to be offered but how the hell am I meant to get everything in time. Maybe its my own fault.

Even better call them up, make an appointment and go see someone in person.

A P21 will also do instead of P60, but I doubt you have one for 2006 yet. They should be very understanding, 2006 has just ended it's understandable that you dont have P60/P21 yet. When I was offered mine it was October so it was the 2005 tax year that was relevant.

What else do you need for them? Just pay slips and the form for your employer to sign?

You know you can get your mortgage with the DCC right? The two week deadline doesn't apply in that instance. Shared Ownership is also an option.

Don't panic though. This is a fantastic opportunity to buy an apartment at a massive discount and you were very lucky to be picked. Also you haven't even viewed the place yet, you might not want it when you get to see it.

I actually at work a the mo even though it doesnt look like it. No privacy at all but this looks like work

Ok forms have been posted to revenue already and I have a P60 for 2005

The letter states 2 weeks from date of letter - how come that doesnt apply if i apply for shared ownership. Applying for that takes a long time. I emailed DCC a few times today and no bloody answer. I know it would be easier to call them or call in but it is difficult to get time off work.

I am in panic cos the letter was dated Monday and I only got it yesterday after the bloody auctioneer rang me

Honestly didnt sleep a wink last nite

shared ownership/loan from DCC are internal so they don't really worry about it. my letter said 3 weeks after viewing.

you should get onto the bank IIB, BOI and EBS....

cheers for everyone replying

I dont actually know the purchase price being offered to me as I havent seen the apt yet. So confused. I didnt realise that you had to decide in such a short time - well really by Wednesday.

It is soo difficult to get time off my work, I earn so little I just am confused. Im sure they are loads of people better prepared than me

Ill stop moaning now

cheers

stick your heels in and go for it........!!

ask for time off if needs be or take a sicky...! you need to know the price before you can go to the bank for a mortgage so get in contact with DCC.

I'm sure they will extend the timeframe......

write a list of things to do and.......get stuck into them....

good luck!

If your work doesn't give you time off, under the circumstances, you should find another job. Seriously. That would just be unacceptable.

Congratulations, I'm so jealous ... been on the list two years myself :(

If you don't mind me asking, what development was offered to you?

You also might want to look for a solicitor also. When I went through this I was sent a letter on Wed, viewed on Friday and needed a solicitor by Monday. The development company was quite insistent about needing a solicitor asap.

If you go through Shared Ownership you can use the Councils though.

Anyway as mentioned before go for it and all the best.

I got an offer from the may newsletter just in December(got a cancellation or somebody else couldn't come up with the finance) , paid my deposit but unsure of accepting apartment. The council will give u more than 2 weeks. Nic Nic which development did you get an offer in?

Hi all

Thanks for all your replies again. Been thinking about it all weekend and I think Im gonna have to pass. i know its a great oppertunity etc but 2 weeks is not enough time - actually this Friday.

Still havent heard from the auctionneer about a viewing. Went up to see the apts myself on Sat. Its Northern Cross on the Malahide Road. The apts themselves look v nice but its v v near Darndale and there is loads of building going on

Ive so many questions. I defo think Shared Ownership is my only financial option. I really dont want to loose a deposit paid to the Auctiooneer and then not get approved financially.

My own fault really

The €1,300 booking deposit is fully refundable. Have you even tried talking to someone in DCC?

As has already been mentioned, there would not be any rush to get mortgage approval if you went with Shared Ownership.

hi

I'm posting my letter to DCC today saying that I cant take it so best of luck to whoever gets it. Get your docs/solr/cash now and be ready to make a decision asap

Best of luck

hi

I'm posting my letter to DCC today saying that I cant take it so best of luck to whoever gets it. Get your docs/solr/cash now and be ready to make a decision asap

Best of luck

Sorry to hear you are not taking it. Better luck next time.

Well, I have never been very lucky when it came to lotteries, so I am not really expecting to be picked anytime soon.
But if I do get called, my solicitor is my cousin, I'll gladly camp outside the Revenue office till I get my docs, and I will sell a kidney if needed to raise the cash!

Hi all

Thanks for all your replies again. Been thinking about it all weekend and I think Im gonna have to pass. i know its a great oppertunity etc but 2 weeks is not enough time - actually this Friday.

Still havent heard from the auctionneer about a viewing. Went up to see the apts myself on Sat. Its Northern Cross on the Malahide Road. The apts themselves look v nice but its v v near Darndale and there is loads of building going on

Ive so many questions. I defo think Shared Ownership is my only financial option. I really dont want to loose a deposit paid to the Auctiooneer and then not get approved financially.

My own fault really

Northern Cross was offered on the 2nd newsletter. However when I rang Dublin City Council they deny that the draws for the 2nd newsletter have taken place. Try calling them yourself. Say that you heard of someone getting an offer at Northern Cross, they will fob you off saying it was on the first preference form. It wasn't!

The reason they are doing this is that some people got an additional preference form about Northern Cross last summer!!!!!!!!. I heard this been discussed at an affordable housing roadshow (July 06) that Dublin City Council co-hosted with the Docklands Development Association.
One girl that was at the roadshow said to a Dublin City Council Manager that her friend got a form for Northern Cross but she didn't get one. The Manager said it depended on where you live. I've been on the list for almost 3 years yet nothing has been built in my locality so I don't get any preferential treatment.
When I originally applied I was told that I got additional points for every year spent on the panel, also for my income and ability to repay a mortgage.
Dublin City Council changed this so that all people are in a draw.
They said I have 3 chances in each draw, people on the list up to 6 months have one chance and people on the list between 6 months and 18 months have two chances in each draw. I feel this is in breach of contract.
Yeah I know I've eventually been offerd an apartment so I'm lucky in that regard. But not going to take it, don't feel it's very secure.

Back